Foodmaxx Supermarket, Giftland Mall, Turkeyen.
The Butcher is responsible for trimming meat from larger quantities into wholesale/retail portions, into steaks, chops, roasts, and other cuts. He/she then prepares the meats for sale by performing various duties, such as weighing meat, wrapping it, and putting it out for display. The incumbent may also wait on customers and prepare special cuts of meat upon request.
- Must have a valid Food Handler's Certificate
- Sound Secondary Education
- Two to Three (2-3) years’ experience as a butcher in a professional organization.
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper's eye.
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
- Shape, lace, and tie roasts, using boning knife, skewer, and twine.
- Assist in monitoring store inventory, keep supplies in stock and ensure that products are fresh.
- Sharpen and adjust cutting equipment
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery
- Cut, bone, or grind pieces of meat
- Weigh, wrap, and display cuts of meat
- Provide Customer Service.
- Follow proper coding procedures. Check expiration codes and inspect all meat items during shift.
Salaries and Benefits are based on Foodmaxx existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Foodmaxx. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested persons can send applications to:
The Human Resources Supervisor
Plantation Pattenson, Turkeyen, Georgetown.
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Don't pay more. Don't settle for less!