Financial and Administration Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ActionAid is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to fight alongside the excluded people and social movements for the eradication of all forms of poverty, exclusion, injustice, and inequality. ActionAid operates in 45 countries including Haiti where we have worked in collaboration with local organizations for more than 20 years, through organizational strengthening, agricultural development, food security, women's leadership and disaster preparedness and response. ActionAid Haiti (AAH) operates in 6 departments of the country through partners for the implementation of its regular program and for institutional funding projects.
To ensure the Action Aid Haiti Office has ongoing high quality financial management with the financial and logistical capacity to scale up and respond effectively and rapidly to large donor grants and major humanitarian emergencies, and to ensure consistent IT, administrative and financial support. The Finance & Compliance Manager is accountable for the Haiti office’s financial management and reporting requirements. The focus of the role is to lead the finance function in AAH including financial management, budget development and monitoring, financial capacity development of AAH and partner field and program staff, internal controls, audit and compliance with all AAH, donor and local requirements, policies and procedures
• Ensure effective/ efficient operation of Finance unit and its integration with other departments and structures of office in accordance with the CSP
• Ensure the support functions are efficient and effective to strengthen programme quality
• Facilitate liaison between support and program staff
• Ensure compliance of AA procedures, systems and policies Ensure
• Contributes to departmental budget plans and proposals, providing advice on budget level and required expenditure
• Design and evaluate management accounting and performance measurement system that align with Actionaid Haiti’s CSP and use information generated from these systems to recommend and implement improvements to financial operations
• Perform review of reconciliations of subsidiary schedules/records, suspense, sundry debtors & creditors accounts to GL control account reviewing transactions and reconciling various accounts/balances relating to ledger balances ensuring no amounts are held unresolved for undue periods of time
• Liaise and co-ordinate with other departments on information requirements and to ensure compliance and timeliness of processing and effecting instructions as well as resolve any issues on recharges and other transactions
• Review and follow up on inter-CPs recharges account and GS Expenditures
• Advise on issues related to program resource allocation, pricing/costing, marketing, cash flow, and employee compensation
• Use financial information to identify trends and risk, substantiate forecasts, and provide strategic advice that will help the organization achieve its goals.
• Ensure preparation and timely submission of annual reports
• Prepare timely and comprehensive reports and schedules for Donors / Projects as well as maintain a donor / project management tracking / monitoring tool.
• Advise on and interpret internal and external reporting requirements
• Be responsible for the preparation of foreign exchange processing and related bank transfer instructions both locally and UK related
• Prepare the CPs Table H as per approved budgets or whenever there are revisions or updates and constantly monitor cash position including preparation of remittance requests on a timely basis.
• Maintain a Foreign exchange rates movements on a regular basis and bring to the attention of the CMT whenever there are significant shifts that will impact programme delivery
• Track, update and ensure that all other funds remitted / transferred in favour of the CP are duly documented and posted into the ledger.
• Prepare/process necessary Budget information & data for all LRPs/Projects, consolidate the budgets and complete the TYP tables in line with the planning guidelines.
• Liaise and assist the fundraising unit in preparation / compilation of budget proposals to be submitted to Donors for funding
• Upload approved annual budgets into SUN
• Supervise Finance’s staff unit on a daily basis and whenever necessary update OEG Manager on emerging issues pertaining to staff
• Perform appraisals for supervised staff when scheduled
• Participate in and report on the input of the finance department in the annual PRRP.
• Responsible for the implementation and clearance of audit issues & recommendations, both internal and external.
• Record and report on organizational financial performance to satisfy the needs of the Actionaid Haiti (AAH)’s, Country strategic Plan (CSP), Actionaid International (AAI) and donors, implement appropriate accounting and reporting methods in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and relevant AAI Financial Policies
• Responsible for the provision / preparation of ad hoc information for management as may be required from time to time
• Ensure that AAH is in compliance with tax laws and regulations by interpreting and communicating complex tax laws, staying current with tax rules/regulations. Recommend tax strategies that align with the AAH/AP’s CSP; plan/ advice on consequences of specific decisions and write tax opinions/ positions.
• Enhance AAH’s reliability of information through internal activities such as internal control, internal and comprehensive auditing, and through external third-party assurance services such as auditing.
• Monitoring and building partners financial capacity including reviewing Financial Report and regular partners assessment and field visit.
• Review fundraising proposals for compliance with CP/CSP or AP and AAI financial planning and management guidelines and recommend for approval to the CD
• Prepare / analyze Management Accounts, Reporting Schedules, Tables and analyses (monthly, quarterly, biannual, annual) for the CP / programme as may be specified from time to time and share contents with CMT.
• Effectively plan and control operations and make decisions, on management needs, provide relevant, timely, and accurate information
• Monitor performance of various departments through variance analysis to identify adverse trends and report to Management for discussion.
• Make Grant Monitoring Visits and share basic report with CMT for discussion
• Provide support and leadership to the program in assessing and managing partners' financial and logistical capacities
• To provide leadership to the various business support functions, ensuring the best possible support to the program and advice to the country management team.
• Provide overall management and coordination of all aspects of program support, including oversight of the work of finance and logistics teams, nationally and field
• Manage, guide and support the support team (Finance Coordinator, Logistics Officer, and System Coordinator)
• Attract, motivate and retain your team's staff: develop individual and team skills, create a positive work environment and manage the performance of team members
• Oversee formulation and implementation of policies, systems and procedures governing IT, within the organization in order to promote organizational efficiency and effectiveness;
• Ensure that staffs timely identify key problems, issues and seek solution independently or in coordination with other relevant units and staff in the organization.
• Ensure the IT Policy, Plans and systems are implemented and ensure effective usage and integrity in accordance with the organizational, national, and International IT policies.
• Supervise implementation of systems, procedures, policies in place
• Ensure procurement plan in place for office
• Ensure basic logistic training is provided to partners
• Ensure benchmark is established to compare our standards
• Ensure appropriate measures are in place to prevent frauds and staff is aware of cases of fraud
• Expresses ideas clearly and concisely; disseminates information about decisions and plans proactively.
Essential Knowledge, skills and Experience
• Substantial experience of finance department management, including financial control
• Experience of varied accounting environments with a proven track- record of process improvement and implementation of best-practice
• Experience of working in an international environment
• Working knowledge of accounting and computer packages, preferably including Sun
• Knowledge of NGO reporting, donors’ requirements and tax legislation,
• Experience of leading a finance function focused on meeting the needs of stakeholders
• Strong analytical and management skills, with track record in management and motivation of staff
• Strong experience in working with Local partners NGO´s by implementing financial and admin policies and procedures
• Commitment to ActionAid’s vision, mission, values and ways of working Significant post qualification experience
• Ability to work in a multicultural context/environment, engage in social justice activism/advocacy and demonstrate innovative practices
• Experience of SUN Systems 6 and oversight of the implementation of new accounting systems
This Job Description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs. It is part of every staff member's responsibility to contribute to AAI's mission and comply to AAI’s values, which are: Mutual respect, Equity and justice, Honesty and transparency, Solidarity with the poor, Courage of conviction, Independence, Humility.
Instructions for applying
Respond by email sending supporting letter, CV and copies of related diplomas to *****@actionaid.org and *****@actionaid.org by 11:59pm September 12th.
Cette offre d'emploi a été initialement publiée sur Caribejob Haiti — le site idéal pour trouver l'emploi de vos rêves en Haiti.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Change is possible, and it comes from the power in people