Sustainability Officer (13041)
National Energy Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (National Energy) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (NGC), with a mandate to conceptualize, promote, develop and facilitate new energy-based industries including downstream industries in Trinidad and Tobago.
This position reports to the Communications Manager and provides technical communication and social risk management skills to the organization. This role is responsible for preparing and delivering sustainability and social investment products and events and contributes to National Energy’s brand and reputation management objectives.
- Develops and prepares budgets for sustainability and community engagement plans for National Energy’s fence line Communities and implements approved plans
- Supports the Communications Manager with the implementation of sustainability and social investment programmes
- Monitors the social, economic and political environments for threats to National Energy’s operations, projects, programmes and Brand while identifying opportunities to promote National Energy as a good corporate citizen and submits proposals to the Communications Manager
- Conducts stakeholder mapping and social risk assessments and advises on communication and engagement strategies for the elimination and management of such risks
- Prepares and edits speeches, press releases, advertorials, and other corporate documents to promote and build company reputation
- Leverages digital tools in both internal and external communications and recommends new and innovative communication strategies and supports in implementation
- Assists in the planning and implementation of corporate and community events
- Attends focus group and community meetings to monitor the social environment to assist in meeting the needs of the community and manage issues of relevance to the Company
- Develops key performance metrics for sustainability programmes and projects
- Conducts research on NGOs/NPOs for the purpose of making recommendations on requests for donations and identify avenues for collaboration
- Prepares monthly status reports on all sustainability programmes and projects
The minimum requirements for the position are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Social Sciences or relevant discipline
- At least six (6) years experience in a similar role
- Post Graduate qualifications in Business Management or Corporate Social Responsibility will be an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the Energy Industry
- Understanding of social, economic and political environment
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams, MS Sway)
National Energy offers a competitive compensation package inclusive of Housing Allowance, Pension Benefits, Group Life Coverage, Computer and Education Loans.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
This job ad was originally posted on Caribejob Trinidad and Tobago — the #1 place to find the job of your dreams in Trinidad and Tobago.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Resolute & Resourceful