Students Affairs Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
To coordinate with the respective Departments in order to resolve student issues in an effective and efficient manner. Supporting the Students Affairs Manager in his tasks
Certificate courses related
2 - 5 years experience.
• Orientation & Registration of all new incoming students
Coordinate information for:
• Medical Insurance
• Health Check-up
• Campus and hospital tour
• Registration (Email Account)
• Student ID Card
• Bonafide Letters
• Bank Account Letter – Opening of A/C
• SIM Cards
• Curriculum and Course Outline
• Interpretation and implementation of University policies and regulations in student affairs.
• To make recommendations for action to line managers if necessary.
• To deal with the day-to-day operational issues associated with students, e.g. missing uniform, grooming, attire, etc.
• To deal with students arriving late to school/monitor attendance.
• To liaise with colleagues in school to organize support for students when necessary.
• To liaise with student counsellor to bring in necessary counselling for students where appropriate.
• To provide guidance for parents in helping students.
• To liaise with all staff and in particular Achievement Coordinators, Subject Leaders and
Leadership team on disciplinary issues and to take a key role in the school’s disciplinary system.
• To inform colleagues about social or behavioural issues or changes affecting students when appropriate.
• Be the Secretary of the Disciplinary Committee and to help prepare summary information for exclusion and other disciplinary meetings.
• To discuss disciplinary incidents with students and colleagues and to monitor students on report.
• To implement recommendations from Disciplinary committee.
• To patrol corridors to monitor any students out of class and ensure they return to class as soon as possible.
• To work with the Housing Coordinator to ensure proper accommodation for students.
• To work with the Warden/Matron to take care of issues related to students accommodation.
• To maintain paperwork and records in relation to all of the above.
• To set specific targets and to match curricular materials and approaches to student needs which relate to behaviour or attendance.
• To provide helpful and accurate responses to parent/career enquiries.
• To deliver the support service in a professional and competent manner.
• To maintain arms-length conduct with all students and to deal matters related to student issues, student queries and to resolve all issues amicably.
• To perform any other lawful duties assigned.
Interested and Qualified Aspirants, send CV to ------
Texila American University
Lot 2442, Plantation Providence, East Bank Demerara, Guyana
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Pushing forward the boundaries of Knowledge