Associate Cost Planning Analyst, Cost Planning Analyst, Senior Cost Planning Analyst, Lead Cost Planning Analyst (Grades 5 – 8)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Department: Sustainable Business Group
Reports to: Senior Economist
DAI’s Sustainable Business Group (SBG) supports private companies to be smarter corporate citizens in their local business operations and assists public authorities to develop policy, regulation, and incentives that grow sustainable industries.
We advise and implement projects on behalf of our clients across a range of areas including corporate social Investments, supply chain management, economic impact assessment, and strategic investment. We rely on data-rich technical analysis and on-the-ground relationships to structure successful service engagements and investments in emerging markets, with an unwavering commitment to our clients and the countries where they work. We provide a full suite of services, including:
Economic and policy analysis
Corporate capacity development
Program design and implementation
Performance monitoring and evaluation
Function of the position:
SBG is looking for a Cost Planning Analyst to join our team in either our London or Bethesda, Maryland office. General responsibilities for the position include gathering and analyzing data, conducting research, developing products, and writing reports. The focus of this position will be the cost and schedule benchmarking and estimation of large capital projects varying by type, industry, and geography. The majority of these projects are associated with energy and industrial sectors. This position may be requested to perform work in relation to other subject matters on an as-needed basis. The position will work both on internal and client-facing assignments and will collaborate with staff both within and outside of SBG.
Among the position’s key responsibilities will be:
- Creating, updating, improving Excel templates for estimating cost and schedule of specific capital project types.
- Creating, updating, improving guidance documentation to accompany these templates, as well as conducting trainings for staff on how to use templates.
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing information on key issues surrounding the construction and operation of various capital projects (e.g. contracting and tendering practices, goods importation, workforce composition, etc.); providing guidance and insight on these subjects to staff or clients.
- When able / needed, working with colleagues to directly deliver other research and analytical solutions to clients.
- Grade 5: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in a field related to the process industry, statistical quality control, capital projects, project management; or a master’s degree
- Grade 6: Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in a field related to the process industry, statistical quality control, capital projects, project management; or a master’s degree and 1 year of experience
- Grade 7: Bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience in a field related to the process industry, statistical quality control, capital projects, project management; or a master’s degree and 2 years of experience
- Grade 8: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in a field related to the process industry, statistical quality control, capital projects, project management; or a master’s degree and 3 years of experience
- Experience of data handling, analysis, interpretation
- Knowledge of or experience in cost and schedule benchmarking
- Experience with oil & gas, infrastructure and/or large industrial projects
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with globally dispersed teams
- Ability to approach problems head-on, but able to identify new ways to solve problems
- Strong intellectual curiosity - a desire to learn and apply new ideas
- Track record of finding solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects / research independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest in improving and streamlining systems and processes
- Graduate degree in the field listed above (but not required)
- Proficient with statistical software (knowledge of STATA® and/or Python libraries is preferred)
- Experience in modelling and/ or sensitivity analysis
- Experience in improving and streamlining systems and processes
Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Global development professionals. Dedicated to shaping a more livable world. Learning how every day. #globaldev