Heavy Equipment Mechanic (STT)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
In this role, you will play an important part in our Ground Support Equipment (GSE) department at Cyril E. King Airport (STT). The Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on heavy machinery and other related airport ground handling equipment.
Your main job duties may include (but are not limited to):
Engine (Gas & Diesel), Hydraulics, Electrical (Heavy Equipment Experience REQUIRED)
- Engine (Gas & Diesel), Hydraulics, Electrical
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions as needed
- Utilize technical drawing and testing equipment
- Obtain replacement parts, install and/or make repairs
- Confer with Manager for complex repairs, which require approval
- Completion of paperwork as required
- Must provide own tools
- Experience required: 3-5 years’ mechanical experience required
- Pay based on experience level, MUST HAVE Heavy equipment experience for consideration. History in Airport Ground Support Equipment, or experience in heavy equipment in crane, oil field, mining rail, or maritime preferred
Must be able to perform the following functions in variable weather and environmental conditions:
- Bend, stoop, and crawl to work in tight, restricted spaces including fuel cells an aircraft belly area.
- Push, pull, lift, and parts and components weighing up to 60 pounds in the process of assembling, disassembling, repairing, or installation of these parts and components from a sitting, standing, bending, squatting, or overhead position.
- Lift and carry tools and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Drive vehicles weighing up to ten (10) tons (up to forty (40) tons in select assignments) in congested areas requiring good depth perception and ability to distinguish colors red, green, and yellow.
- Work with color-coded wiring and other components which requires the ability to differentiate colors to include but not limited to red, green, yellow, blue, black, brown, white, and orange.
- Operate a variety of tools, including power tools, in the process of assembling, disassembling, repairing, and installing parts and components while reaching, twisting, turning, and gripping.
- Work in a high noise-level environment.
- Read and interpret printed or computerized maintenance manuals, write legibly to complete forms/paperwork as required.
- Must be able to regulate own work with little supervision and accomplish tasks on own.
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer familiarity necessary.
- Demonstrates qualities of initiative.
- Must be able to lift 50 to 70 pounds (31.9kg).
- Ability to work weekends (ie. Friday, Saturday, Sunday), holidays, and days off.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- May be necessary to speak other language(s), in addition to English, depending on customer contract. Must be able to maintain airport authority access, and be able to work scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to follow direction and work safely.
- If CDL is required, then the position is subject to random Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At WFS, as our ground handling business has continued to grow year-on-year all over the world, we have never lost sight on one important fact; it’s no...