This job is no longer accepting applications.
The HSE Officer administers the Corporation’s HSE policies, procedures and programmes. Implements appropriate safety controls to ensure the Corporation’s goal of an accident / incident free environment and ensuring regulatory compliance is met for its employees and users.
- Ensures that all worksites are complaint with the Corporation’s HSE procedures and national and international standards where applicable.
- Conducts and reports on all operational Health Safety and Environment Surveillances.
- Responsible for reporting on and tracking of Accidents/ Incidents within the Corporation.
- Conducts in depth Accident / Incident investigations, identifies appropriate corrective action and verifies such recommendations have been implemented.
- Plans and conducts Health Safety and Environment Audits and prepares operational reviews.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and participation in the Corporation’s Emergency Response Plans, Drills and Community Awareness strategies.
- Assists in the development, implementation and delivery of Health Safety and Environment Training as and when required.
- Assists with ensuring that staff are kept abreast of the Corporation’s Health, Safety and Environment policies, procedures and programmes through on-going communication.
- Provision of efficient and immediate care and transport of ill and injured persons to medical institutions.
- Maintains where required HSE records and documentation in keeping with the Corporation’s records management strategy.
- Reviews where required specifications for safety equipment ensuring proper features are present and items conform to required health and safety standards.
- Monitors the use of safety equipment to ensure compliance.
- Evaluates situations where workers have refused to work on the grounds that danger or potential harm exists and makes a determination in such instances.
- Conducts routine inspections of fire suppression systems or portable fire systems to ensure they are in good working order.
- Trains workers in the proper use of safety protection devices ensuring such training is appropriately documented.
- Provides HSE support to the Line and Operations.
Performs other related duties that may be assigned by Management.
The above Essential Duties are not intended as a complete listing of duties.
- Undergraduate Degree in Natural or Environmental Science with emphasis on Health Safety and Environment or Undergraduate Degree in Occupational Health and Safety
- A minimum of two (2) years post qualifications experience in the field of Environmental or Safety Management.
Certification and Licences:
- EMT Certification will be an asset.
- Valid Driver’s Permit
- Current Defensive Driving Certificate will be an asset.
- Certificate of Character dated within the last six (6) months.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo the following:
- A full Medical Examination (inclusive of substance testing) to establish fitness for the position.
- Maybe required to undergo a Psychometric Assessment.
- Practical Assessment may also be required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Report Writing, Communication and Interpersonal, Active Listening, Strong presentation skills, time and resource management. Problem solving skills, team building, analytical, critical thinking, judgement and decision-making skills, monitoring skills.
- Selective Attention, far and near vision, oral and written communication.
Candidates must display the following qualities:
- High level of adaptability with a willingness to learn within the industry.
- High level of integrity with the ability to exercise an appropriate level of judgement and maturity to handle confidential matters.
- Proactive and energetic in the work situation, seeking to get things done and at the same time deal with a variety of tasks.
Applications must include the names of three (3) references, two (2) of which must be work-related.
- Interested applicants should send their detailed resume to: ------
Please note only suitable applications will be acknowledged.
This job ad was originally posted on Caribejob Trinidad and Tobago — the #1 place to find the job of your dreams in Trinidad and Tobago.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Point Lisas Industrial Port Development Corporation Limited (PLIPDECO) is a public company owned 51% by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago and 49% ...