This job is no longer accepting applications.
Leader Engineering is recruiting for our client who is seeking to hire a Project Engineer for a rapidly growing business. Our client is a Guyanese owned company supplying specialist modular office and accommodation units to the Public, Private, Industrial and Oil & Gas sectors. The client is looking for a young, motivate, reliable, quality-driven Project Engineer with a degree in either Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management. Must have proven experience in the construction industry within Guyana.
Project Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Design skills (and to use AutoCAD to a good standard)
- Able to manage projects on-site and at the company’s yard facility
- Able to problem solve and make command decisions to benefit the project
- Able to schedule workers and manage site works
- Technical understanding or products, training will be given.
- Be able to work safety and manager site safety
- Must be well presented and have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent timekeeping required.
- Basic understanding of electrical and plumbing systems
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management
- 5+ years of project experience working in the construction industry required
- HSE certificate (IOSH) or similar
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software, including MS project
- Valid clean driving license
- Clear police background check
- 3 professional reference checks
- Must have personal GRA TIN and NIS number
- Interface with clients for new and ongoing projects.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
- Confirms product requirements with suppliers
- Develop project schedules
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends, recommending actions.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
Working however are 8 hours per day 5 days per week, however, extra hours may be required depending on project workload. Must live within good travelling distance to Georgetown.
Interested persons have until close of office on September 24th to apply. Kindly email us an updated copy of your CV, accompanied with a cover letter to ------
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leader Engineering Guyana Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Intelligent Recruitment. Simplified.