This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports to: WASH Coordinator
Mission Statement: To improve the quality of life for the Haitian people, particularly children.
Vision: Our vision for Haiti: Joyful children, healthy families, thriving communities, and the resources to make it so.
Brief Organizational Summary: Hope for Haiti is an innovative and creative international development organization that has been working in Haiti for 30 years. The organization partners with private donors to create community-based sustainable change through a grassroots and strategic holistic approach. Hope for Haiti is an action-oriented and fast-paced organization that believes in partnership solutions to poverty alleviation. Our vision for Haiti: joyful children, healthy families, thriving communities, and the resources to make it so. Hope for Haiti has a distinguished and well-established Board of Directors that provides the organization with strong governance, oversight, and strategic direction. Building upon the organization’s proven track record of success, Hope for Haiti stays true to its mission and founding principles while offering a dynamic and supportive work environment. For more information about Hope for Haiti, please visit www.hopeforhaiti.com.
The WASH Trainer is responsible for facilitating our WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene) projects in Hope for Haiti’s 24 partner communities and other communities affected by the 2021 earthquake. The WASH Trainer will work very closely with the community health team, technicians, and other partners on WASH projects to ensure that 26,000 water filtration systems are distributed to the most vulnerable and affected by the 2021 earthquake. The wide range of complexities inherent in rural Haitian communities will require that the WASH Trainer has creativity, someone ‘who thinks outside the box,’ possesses business acumen, engaging and is a natural self-starter. The WASH Trainer reports directly to the WASH Coordinator and will work in collaboration with the Community Health Team.
- Implement WASH strategy for community engagement such as enabling them to conduct hygiene water and sanitation education activities at the community level.
- Facilitate the distribution of 26,000 water filtration systems in target communities particularly supporting women and other disadvantaged groups and ensure their participation.
- Support the identification of training needs and provide technical support in designing appropriate training activities.
- Assist development of KAP survey tools and instrument under direct supervision of M&E team.
- Execute the KAP survey in coordination with M&E team.
- Organize door-to-door public education campaign in collaboration with Community Health Workers and partners.
- Provide WASH training to beneficiaries
- Develop and submit accurate weekly work plans and reports to the WASH Coordinator.
- Other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- At least 3 years work experience in the international development or WASH services field.
- Degree in International Development, water, Community Development, Social Studies or equivalent is required;
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, cultural and diplomatic skills;
- Social mobilization, public speaking and community organization skills;
- Excellent facilitation skills;
- Fluency in French, Haitian Creole and English, spoken and written, is required;
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, and international staff;
- Knowledge of participatory approaches and tools for community planning, monitoring, and evaluation; and
- Strong computer skills: must be competent in the use of Windows MS office, Google Gmail tools and Salesforce.
- Ability to traverse distances of over 10 kilometers at varying elevations and to elevate 30 pounds over shoulders.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS THAT ALIGN WITH CORE VALUES
- Ability to respond appropriately and sensitively to cultural differences as they arise among the organization’s service population
- Flexible, adaptable, patient and accepting of the fact that Hope for Haiti and its activities are constantly evolving in line with its resources and goals.
- Ability to adapt to and make level-headed decisions in stressful situations
- Ability to traverse distances over 5 kilometers and elevate at least 30 lbs over the shoulders
- Ability to conduct and participate in staff meetings and strategic planning professionally and to represent Hope for Haiti’s mission to team members and colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Personal commitment to the mission and vision of Hope for Haiti and a desire to help the most vulnerable population
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Ability to effectively work with a team
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict while preserving a team-oriented outlook
- A shared belief that there is always a pathway to improvement despite the challenges that lie ahead.
- Positive outlook and ability to work through difficult situations knowing that it’s possible to achieve desired outcomes.
Thank you for your interest in Hope for Haiti!
Cette offre d'emploi a été initialement publiée sur Caribejob Haiti — le site idéal pour trouver l'emploi de vos rêves en Haiti.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to improve the lives of the Haitian people, particularly children.