National Project Coordinator - NOB (DC)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Vacancy no.: PAP/DC/NOB/2020/105
Publication date: 18-01-2021
Application deadline (midnight local time): 31-01-2021
Job ID: 5232
Department: RO-Latin America and the Caribbean
Organization Unit: DWT/CO-San Jose
Location: Port au Prince
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: 12 months
The ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for National Officer positions is subject to specific local recruitment and eligibility criteria.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
The project title is Strengthening agricultural opportunities through training & technological investment
The ultimate objective of the project is to significantly improve the living conditions of small farmers in promising agricultural value chains (cocoa & bread fruit) in the South and Grand’Anse Departments through the acquisition of better tools and improved capacity to produce more and better-quality products that fit national and international market requirements.
Ensure smooth delivery of project activities towards the achievement of its objectives in consultation with local employers’ and workers’ organisations and in synergy with all actors involved in those value chains or similar activities, specifically in the concerned regions of the country. Attention will be paid to implement the project in line with its budgetary allocations.
The Senior Project Officer will report directly to the Chief Technical Adviser (CTA) under the technical guidance of the value chain development specialist based in San Jose and will work in close collaboration with the administrative assistant and the gender officer of the project.
Description of Duties
- Help Lead the project timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation through management functions according to the final project document and work plan.
- Monitor progress of PROFIT project, by reviewing, verifying and analysing work-plan, prepare progress technical reports, final reports and ad hoc reports on the status of project planning and implementation for submission to the ILO and the donor.
- Identify problems, propose solutions, action, and follow-up with relevant departments at regional office, executing agencies, government offices, constituents and other organizations to expedite implementation and meet targets.
- Organize training programmes and awareness raising activities to improve knowledge and techniques of beneficiary producers.
- Effectively manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans to improve their performance.
- Maintain close cooperation and coordination with government, employers' and workers' organizations in the planning and implementation of activities under the project.
- Establish and develop knowledge management system covering technical activities under the project including other economic and social issues of relevance to the project.
- Represent the project in various fora, under the guidance of the CTA.
- Develop and maintain strong links with ILO specialists within the ILO Decent Work Team in San Jose, other colleagues in the field and HQ on specific technical areas requiring comprehensive and collaborative interventions.
- Contribute proposals for project development and serve as national project advisor to the CTA and draft project proposals, project background, project reviews and evaluation.
- Contribute to high-level communications to increase project’s visibility at the national and international levels.
- Prepare briefs for the CTA to inform mass media and concerned media groups about project developments in order to increase the impact of the project in society as a whole.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education - First level university degree in economics, social sciences, agronomy or related field and strong knowledge on agricultural and development issues particularly in Haiti
At least three years of experience in project management, supervision, administration and implementation of grant/cooperative agreement requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports to the project donor).
Excellent knowledge of English, French and Kreyòl. Some knowledge of Spanish would be an asset.
- Good knowledge about social, economic development, including labor and employment, trends in the country
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all project stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain systems within project operations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical co-operation projects of international organizations.
- Ability to understand and effectively work with Government, workers and employers organizations, non-government organizations and UN agencies.
- Ability to conduct action oriented research and write analytical technical report in English.
- Ability to conduct policy discussion and high-level political processes.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, to successfully advocate for and mobilize action to promote freedom of association and right to collective bargaining principles.
- Clear commitment to mainstream gender into project activities.
- Ability to lead and work in a team and good interpersonal relations.
- Ability to train and guide personnel.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments.
- Proficient in basic computer software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Reader) and ability to use other software packages required by the Office
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Promoting social justice and decent work since 1919