This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sea Island Cotton Shop seeks a goal oriented, qualified and experienced individual to join our Accounts team.
Assist in ensuring the smooth and effective operations of all sub-departments under the Accounts Department umbrella.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise and provide leadership to all team members
2. Assist in directing and managing the accounts, loss prevention, inventory, warehouse and I.T. functions to ensure the day to day activities are effectively and efficiently performed.
3. Assist in general reporting and accounting functions to ensure accuracy and compliance
4. Help in identifying potential cash flow problems, financial irregularities, etc.
5. Oversee and provide guidance in general stock management and implement controls and to ensure compliance and reduce pilferage
6. Control and co-ordinate teams to maintain a cohesive logistics and distribution system
7. Assist in the management and implementation of information system and ensure the adherence of I.T. policies
8. Assist in training, recruiting, appraising, instituting disciplining measures, etc. as needed
9. Assist in the development, implementation and enforcing of policies and procedures, for the efficient functioning of all sub-department
Skills and Competencies:
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, inventory management, and or pursuing the third level of ACCA, CGA or other equivalent professional designation.
Knowledge of Quickbooks and or accounting software and Microsoft Office.
Proven experience working as an Accounting Supervisor.
Sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
The ability to process large amounts of numerical data.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Strong management and leadership skills.
Effective communication skills.
Valid driver’s license
Time management – strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
Flexibility – ability to effectively adapt to change and to work various shifts or overtime as needed
Qualifications and experience will determine the successful candidate’s salary and benefits package.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our main claim to fame is that we are St. Lucia’s biggest duty-free souvenir shop. We opened our doors for the first time in Castries St. Lucia on Aug...