Cost Control Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Cost Control Manager works directly under the Project Director and participates in the development and execution of projects. Cost Control Manager is responsible for controlling the project costs; this includes planning, developing, controlling, and forecasting the project's budget. The goal of a cost controller is to minimize the deviation from the budget and ensure that the project is completed within the approved budget. This position works closely with the Managing Director, Project Manager and Construction Manager. Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and monitor the Project Budget.
- Obtain the budget costs of system, assemblies, equipment, materials and labour.
- Prepare budgets and Cost Management Plans including updates.
- Establish the cost centres and cost codes for Projects.
- Prepare Budget estimates and updates and monitors projected expenditure against allowances made in the approved Budget Estimate.
- Prepare and submit Project cash flow forecasts and monthly updates at various project stages.
- Provide cost advice and cost comparisons for design or construction solutions.
- Provide budget updates in such form and with such details as required.
- Follow up of all contractual issues and monitor their cost impact on the project.
- Work with the Project Manager, Architect and Construction Management to develop strategies for meeting project requirements and programmes.
- Help to promote company policy and procedures and worker health and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cost Management, Quantity Surveying or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 10 years Cost Control experience in commercial projects.
- Candidate must be proficient with industry-standard cost management, estimating, and project controls software, and familiar with scheduling.
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of professionals.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
- Ability to perform as an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Physically able to work on construction sites.
Due to the nature of job the position is expected to work flexible hours based on project needs. These hours may include work on evenings and weekends.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building Grenada with quality.