Human Resources Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting in the coordination of the human resources department. Assists in the management of personnel files, recruitment, disciplinary matters, medical processing and employee management.
Education: A Diploma in Management, Human Resources Management or any related field.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year similar experience at an established Organization.
Five subjects CSEC (inclusive of passes in Mathematics and English) and with three years experience in a similar capacity at an established organization.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist in maintaining personnel files including monitoring confidentiality.
- Assist in the recruitment process
- Assist in monitoring staff welfare and providing recommendations to address issues affecting same.
- Provide guidance to staff with respect to rights, responsibilities, and the code of conduct.
- Assist in addressing difficulties reported by staff in keeping with outlined policies and procedures.
- Maintaining records of leave for all staff members and processing leave applications in consultation with the Department Heads.
- Processing Insurance claims and required health checks (COVID-19 testing).
- Assist in monitoring employee performance and making recommendations regarding remedial actions or incentives. Monitoring includes the following:
- Evaluating staff attendance and performance and preparing analyses on punctuality, absences etc.
- Advising and acting on disciplinary matters as may be necessary in accordance with policies and procedures of the Commission;
- Assist in coordinating appraisals with the Department Heads
- Assist in preparing memoranda for staff travel and following up on the process for local and overseas travel.
Salaries and Benefits are based on the Guyana Wildlife Conservation and Management Commission’s existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of the Commission. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Human Resources Officer
Guyana Wildlife Conservation and Management Commission
Applications may be emailed to ------
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ensuring protection of endangered species