Junior and Senior Developers
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Developer is responsible for the maintenance and development of the company’s in-house applications that the company is tasked to maintain.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Document and maintain a library of source code changes and modifications in accordance with industry best practices using industry standard tools.
- Update code base to utilize newer code languages in accordance with migration paths set out by current code technologies.
- Apply and maintain application patches for security and errors.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Ensures attainment of all premier service delivery standards, timelines and service by responding to technical help desk queries within the given timelines.
- Meeting set deadlines for development of additional functionality within supported applications.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- BSc Degree or certification in Computer Science, IT or Computing field
- 2 – 3 years practical experience.
- Demonstrate software development experience using Microsoft .NET® platform.
- Experience in database architecture and design.
- Microsoft SQL Server experience will be an asset
- Cross platform development experience will be an asset (Java, iOS, Andriod)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Front end skills with knowledge of latest HTML, CSS and JavaSript.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
- Knowledge of client/server application development
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, plan and organize.
- Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Pays attention to details
- Results oriented
- Effective communicator
- Good team player
Kindly submit your cover letter and updated résumé.
This job ad was originally posted on Caribejob Trinidad and Tobago — the #1 place to find the job of your dreams in Trinidad and Tobago.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
TRINRE was established over 40 years ago and is now a composite company that is one of the fastest growing independent insurers in Trinidad & Tobago. ...