Technology Solution Executive
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of 8 apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more.
Primary objective of the job:
This is a Technical position working across the entire Business Solutions team. This role will be involved in providing consultancy, design and development services to Digicel’s Business clients and supporting the Business Solutions team on all technical Sales Opportunities. The Solution Executive Acts as a technical resource to both internal and external clients
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- To liaise with the Technical teams of Digicel Business Clients
- To ensure that technical solution meets the requirements of the customer and is correctly translated into a solution.
- To provide support for any solutions deployed by Digicel as required
- Back-end administration of solutions for clients
- To provide accurate forecasts to Network Planning team
- To assist in the compilation of bid responses and requests for proposals
- To provide technology & IT advice and/or professional services to both internal and external clients.
- To be involved in all aspects of Digicel’s Business Solutions Sales from the design and development stage through to the creating, testing, integrating and delivering of operational products, packages, projects or services
- To investigate new technologies to develop scalable and resilient solutions for Business Clients
- To modify or adapt existing designs as part of overall Digicel solutions
- To track all activities within accounts on a daily basis
- To regularly report back to the business on all activities and opportunities
- Any other duties within the scope of the job periodically assigned by manager
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
- Engineering/Science degree would be an asset
- Cisco , Fortinet, JAVA certifications or related technical certifications.
- At least 3 years professional experience in a similar role
- LAN/WAN design and implementation
- Switching & Routing (CISCO preferred)
- A proven track record of delivering to targets
- Excellent customer and relationship building skills
- Problem solver
- Excellent communicator both verbally and through clear documentation
- Team player - able to establish good working relationships with the wider team
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.
Your application has been successfully submitted.