Education Program Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports to: Education Program Director
Mission Statement: To improve the quality of life for the Haitian people, particularly children.
Vision: Our vision for Haiti: Joyful children, healthy families, thriving communities, and the resources to make it so.
Brief Organizational Summary: Hope for Haiti is an innovative and creative international development organization that has been working in Haiti for 32 years. The organization partners with private donors to create community-based sustainable change through a grassroots and strategic holistic approach. Hope for Haiti is an action-oriented and fast-paced organization that believes in partnership solutions to poverty alleviation. Hope for Haiti’s vision for the future is one of the strategic growth in creating healthy, sustainable communities. Hope for Haiti has a distinguished and well-established Board of Directors that provides the organization with strong governance, oversight, and strategic direction. Building upon the organization’s proven track record of success, Hope for Haiti stays true to its mission and founding principles while offering a dynamic and supportive work environment. For more information about Hope for Haiti, please visit www.hopeforhaiti.com.
The Education Program Coordinator will support the Education team on managing Hope for Haiti’s relationships and programs with our general education partners. This includes maintaining regular communication with partners, conducting bi-annual site visits to partner sites and writing reports and collecting monitoring and evaluation from the partner sites. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Education Program Director (EPD).
- Coordinate the Education Program activities, including school director meeting, Teacher Salary Subsidy, Back-to-School, Teacher training and other sustainable community activity
- Scholarship Program activities
- Enroll the scholarship recipients every year or whenever necessary
- Collect annual data and reports for all students in the program
- Create, update and maintain scholarship profiles for all students in the programs
- Take photos of the recipients and share their impact stories and testimonials, etc.
- Track recipients in their professional journey after completion of study
- Coordinate the Computer Lab Program
- Lead distribution and tracking of computer labs whenever necessary
- Visit all labs at least 2x per year
- Conduct workshops for computer teachers
- Supervise and maintain regularly the computer labs and ensure they are always in good working condition
- Work with the MENFP to get the national computer program curriculum and ensure that each computer lab has it
- Determine what should be the impacts and outcomes of the computer project and ensure that the beneficiary schools do the necessary to reach them
- Train the computer lab teachers on how to implement the Ministry’s computer curriculum, properly use the computers, accompany the students and maintain the labs so they stay in good working condition
- Report regularly as the schools/students are using the labs and write good impact stories, capture outstanding moments of the students learning and share them for donor reports
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the project
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Organize PPI surveys in 24 partner communities - goal 10% of teachers, students, and parents
- Monitor, evaluate and report 3rd-grade reading and the passing results the 6th grade, 9th grade, and Philo students
- Communications and Marketing
- Attend important Education events, site visits and activities to act as face of Hope for Haiti to write event reports collect impact stories & photos;
- Create written and digital content for major donor reports, social media, internal communications and strategic planning.
- Coordinate school infrastructure projects and maintain updated needs list in collaboration with the EPD
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of experience in Education projects;
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, cultural and diplomatic skills;
- Fluency in French or Haitian Creole and English, spoken and written, is required;
- Superior writing and editing skills. At least three years of previous experience preparing donor reports;
- Technical expertise in education, infrastructure, health and protection would be advantageous; and
- Strong computer skills: must be competent in the use of Windows MS office, Endless OS, Google Suite, Asana, Bamboo and M&E tools like Salesforce and Taroworks.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS THAT ALIGN WITH CORE VALUES
- Ability to respond appropriately and sensitively to cultural differences as they arise among the organization’s service population.
- Flexible, adaptable, patient and accepting of the fact that Hope for Haiti and its activities are constantly evolving in line with its resources and goals.
- Ability to adapt to and make level-headed decisions in stressful situations.
- The ability to traverse distances over 5 kilometers and elevate at least 30 lbs over the shoulders.
- Ability to conduct and participate in staff meetings and strategic planning professionally and to represent Hope for Haiti’s mission to team members and colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Personal commitment to the mission and vision of Hope for Haiti and a desire to help the most vulnerable population
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Ability to effectively work with a team
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict while preserving a team-oriented outlook
- A shared belief that there is always a pathway to improvement despite the challenges that lie ahead.
- Positive outlook and ability to work through difficult situations knowing that it’s possible to achieve desired outcomes.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full time, National position based in Les Cayes, Haiti. This position is NOT accompanied and the organization provides no relocation, logistics or housing packages. Compensation is based off of Hope for Haiti’s Compensation Scale.
Hope for Haiti is currently accepting applications. Interested candidates should apply through the link on our website.
Hope for Haiti is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Hope for Haiti considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Thank you for your interest in Hope for Haiti!
Cette offre d'emploi a été initialement publiée sur Caribejob Haiti — le site idéal pour trouver l'emploi de vos rêves en Haiti.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to improve the lives of the Haitian people, particularly children.