The Longboard St. John - Line Cook
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our exciting work environment
The Longboard – St. John is a Caribbean-inspired coastal kitchen, focusing on fresh, local ingredients. We offer light and healthy fare and creative cocktails inspired by coastal regions around the globe. The Longboard celebrates the adventurous yet laid-back ocean lifestyle of the island, embracing St. John’s tropical setting, local flavors, and relaxed island mentality. We believe in a safe and vaccinated workplace.
The ideal candidate is a practiced problem solver, maintains a calm demeanor under pressure, persists to get the job done, and enjoys working alongside a large team to improve performance and increase retention.
The line cook is responsible for preparing excellent meals as well as assisting with other back of house duties. Our line cooks support the team and help to create and maintain an exciting, inviting environment. This person should be a high-energy and positive individual who should be self-motivated, eager to learn, and adaptable. We offer a unique, fun environment with the opportunity to grow within the company.
- Ability to prepare food to the exact specifications of the chef; dedicated to creating well-executed and delicious food.
- Able to work quickly while implementing set standards including abiding by quality, portion control, and presentation expectations.
- Prepare for food service; clean and chop food, set up, and stock stations.
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Strong work ethic and attention to cleanliness a must. Keen attention to detail. Assist with cleaning and stocking. Open and close the restaurant and perform related work as requested.
- Ability to perform objectives in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on quality while always maintaining a positive and professional approach with coworkers.
- Promote and embrace the restaurant’s community and culture by demonstrating respect, positive energy, dependability, honesty, initiative, outgoing nature, and a pleasant, professional appearance.
- At least 1 year of related experience required
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- High volume restaurant experience required
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and high energy environment
- A passion for food, an exceptional work ethic, and dedication
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- Covid-19 Vaccine
Compensation and benefits
We offer competitive pay. We encourage our employees to grow and learn and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
The Longboard - St. John is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Longboard is a Caribbean-Inspired Coastal Kitchen located in the heart of Cruz Bay, offering light and healthy fares and creative cocktails inspir...