This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a private investment firm serving a single-family office seeking to hire a Senior Accountant in our St. Croix, USVI offices.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Senior Accountant is responsible for working very closely with fellow Accountants as a team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, yearend audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Senior Accountant will have contact with senior-level Attorneys, the company’s President and Chief Financial Officer, and senior-level management for client organizations which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. This position may require evening and/or weekend hours; work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule. This position is based on St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Senior Accountant utilizes general accounting, organizational and analytical skills in an effective and efficient manner to ensure that the IPB accounting office run effectively and efficiently. This position requires a great degree of flexibility working with others including, but not limited to the IPB and client finance and accounting department teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Reconcile bank statements with general ledger and cash management system.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the CAO and Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Responds to inquiries from firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Assist the accounting group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Other projects as assigned.
- BA.BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance, CPA Candidate or CPA preferred
- Three to five years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a professional services firm is preferred.
- Knowledge of: finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; financial and accounting software applications; tax issues including federal financial regulations
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-pace setting. Experience with Greatplains, Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Ability to perform various workflow analysis and research in order to make recommendations to management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent oral, written and interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- This position may require evening and/or weekend hours; work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
Your application has been successfully submitted.
International Private Bank (IPB) is a private family office and investment firm located in the United States Virgin Islands.