This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Department of Commerce and Investment (DCI) is recruiting an effective, competent and experienced law enforcement professional to join the Compliance and Enforcement Team. The Enforcement Manager is a vital member of DCI’s enforcement arm and will be responsible for planning and leading of a team of Trade Officers to carry investigations, into possible offences of all relevant legislation and department policies.
AS ENFORCEMENT MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Plan and carryout special operations to investigate persons / companies not in compliance with the Trade and Business Licensing Act, the Tobacco Act, Special Economic Zone Authority Act, the Film Exhibition Control Act and the Local Control Companies Act and Second Hand Dealers Act;
- Plan and oversee field audits and license inspections of businesses operating within Cayman Islands; as well as audit businesses to determine e.g. square footage, number of employees, number of seats, type of business being conducted relative to license.
- Ensure that all licensed holders are in compliance with the Liquor License Act and Music and Dancing (Control) Act are operating within the terms of their licenses and report any breaches to the Board.
- Monitor premises with special conditions to the license to ensure compliance and deal with breaches in accordance with Board directives.
- Provide advice and clarification on matters of the act whenever necessary to the Chairman(s) and Director;
- Ensure that all investigations for offences committed under the relevant acts for which DCI has authority be carried out and processed; working collaboratively with all enforcement agencies;
DO YOU HAVE?
- A Bachelor Degree in Business Studies with a minimum of 5 year’s relevant work experience in law enforcement; and a minimum of 3 year’s supervisory experience;
- Certified Fraud Examiner or ACAMS certification is an asset;
- A valid Driver’s License;
- A working knowledge of all relevant Acts and are computer literate with intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite and other applications; for example, Immigration Support System (IMSS);
- The ability to deal with customers in an effective and courteous manner; excellent interpersonal, liaison, communication and negotiation skills (both verbal and written);
- Excellent planning, coordination, organizational and problem solving skills and display acute attention to detail, quality/accuracy.
- Able to deliver quality results within demanding deadlines;
- Superior written and oral communication skills
The following are required submissions for the post:
- Completed Cayman Islands Government Employment Application
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Copies of Relevant Certifications / Qualifications
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS BY MONDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER, 2021
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Commerce
133 Elgin Avenue
George Town, Grand Cayman
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Department of Commerce & Investment (DCI) is central in providing the necessary framework conducive to a successful business environment through o...