This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Ministry of Financial Services and Commerce is recruiting a highly analytical and organised individual to join General Registry. As a member of the Compliance team, you will contribute to the overall operation of the department in respect to compliance with the relevant Act, international standards, policies and procedures.
The function of the General Registry is to develop and implement policies and systems for all registers under its administration. This is to ensure continued and effective contribution to the financial services industry and the general public.
AS COMPLIANCE OFFICER YOU WILL:
- Perform due diligence and background checks on Non-Profit Organisations, persons applying to act as directors, managers, officers, and controllers of entities to determine fitness and propriety.
- Assist with processing applications and related task(s) to establish the extent of compliance with the provisions of the relevant Acts, guidelines, and ethical standards.
- Assist with investigating complaints and coordinate action plans with the Head of Compliance.
- Maintain professional currency with relevant Act, polices and the latest industry/global standards.
DO YOU HAVE?
- Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting, or a Finance related discipline.
- Compliance related designation such as ICA, ACAMS, CFE, or working towards a compliance certification.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a compliance related or auditing environment.
- Knowledge in the laws and regulations related to Anti Money Laundering, Proceeds of Crime & Countering Terrorism Financing (“AML & CFT”) relevant to the jurisdiction.
- Must understand the regulatory regime in the Cayman Islands.
- Familiarity with legislations and regulations affecting corporate activity in the Cayman Islands including, but not limited to, company registration, banking requirements and business licensing.
- Knowledge of compliance research databases and;
- Able to operate in a highly confidential and sensitive business environment.
The following are required submissions for the post:
- COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER and RESUME
- COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION WITH REFERENCES TO:
Deputy Chief Officer (Operations and Administration)
Ministry of Financial Services and Commerce
133 Elgin Avenue, George Town, Grand Cayman
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 6, 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Promoting sound regulation, transparency and international cooperation