Vice President - Investor Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman Islands based Vice President to our RTA team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
This role will report to the Vice President overseeing day-to-day operations of the investor services department, and will be responsible for the provision of share registrar and transfer agency services to a portfolio of both onshore and offshore clients. The position will have the additional.
Key duties include:
- being responsible for a portfolio of clients, reviewing offering and subscription documents.
- responsibility of ensuring the investor services team’s compliance with FATCA and CRS procedures and requirements
- manage client-related administrative functions and liaise with investors, investment managers, directors and lawyers in various international jurisdictions.
- ensuring compliance and risk policies are adhered to.
- oversee billing and receivables for the Department, assist with training initiatives and prepare technical presentations
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A detailed understanding of all forms of investment fund structures,
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant local and international laws and regulatory requirements,
- Direct experience in managing a team of registrar and transfer agency administrators.
- Experience of industry-recognised share registrar and transfer agency software systems and private equity, series, partnership and equalization methodologies,
- Thorough understanding of FATCA and CRS regulations and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft applications is required,
- Academic background and 5 years’ relevant experience in investor services for investment funds, and a minimum of 2 years’ management experience in investor services.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, project management and organisational skills combined with in-depth industry knowledge in a challenging environment.
- Willingness to work additional hours and weekends when necessary is also required
In addition, this role will involve representing Maples at industry association events, and initiate business development opportunities.
Benefits & Rewards
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Market leaders in the provision of legal, fiduciary, fund, regulatory and compliance and entity formation and management