Security and Facilities Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
An outsourcing company dedicated to supplying all of the needs of trucking companies around the globe through the use of experienced support personnel and technology.
Express International started back in 2013 to expand the interests of parent company Express Trucking and Courier Inc. It functions as the first class logistical and transportation services provider to US trucking companies (target market).
In 2004, Express' president decided to purchase one small delivery van, having gained years of experience working for another company in the industry.
Through his vision, hard work and tireless efforts to build a strong network, the company's fleet grew, and other avenues of business were opened up. By the time Express International was established in 2013, the foundation had been set for expansion and consolidation of all processes related to the trucking industry.
As demand increased, the fleet was expanded from courier vans into tractors, then day cab and sleeper trucks to cover more lanes across the East Coast. A dispatch office and truck lot followed suit, and expansion continued steadily as more drivers, lanes and customers continued to come on board.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
The Security and Facilities Director is responsible for directing facilities functions, implementing policies and safety procedures, to maintain a safe and secure environment.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Create and implement all physical security protocols for current building and any other facility used by the company.
- Full buildout of Express’s security brand, including business registration, training & development plans for security officers, etc. (focus/client Express International with plans of adding new clients in the future).
- Recruiting, training and supervising security officers and guards.
- Coordinating with local law enforcement as required.
- Manages all Facilities and Housekeeping Staff
- Responsible for coordinating all building maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Schedule and follow up on maintenance of building structures, i.e., plumbing, A/C, fire extinguishers and other systems.
- Ensure adequate office equipment, such as workstations and other amenities.
- Reviews, revises, maintains, and implements the organizations fire prevention and safety protocols (in coordination with HD).
- Conduct background checks for all new hires.
- Issuing, updating, and returning of all company badges.
- Administration of Company Lockers.
- Personal security for the CEO upon request.
- Facilitate the investigative process for employee related matters.
- Emergency management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 4+ years’ experience managing security protocols.
- 6 successful passes or more at CSEC or equivalent. Degree in a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Security mechanisms.
- Computer literate (excel, word, email, google docs)
SECURITY & FACILITIES DIRECTOR SKILLS:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to work well under various stressful and time sensitive situations; Strong attention to detail; Able to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment; Possess professional and courteous demeanor; Able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances; Confidentiality.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
World Class Service Growth For Your Business