PERFORMANCE AND IMPACT MEASUREMENT SPECIALIST, HAITI IHSD
This job is no longer accepting applications.
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
CARE seeks a Performance and Impact Measurement (PIM) Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded Improved Health Service Delivery (IHSD) activity in Haiti. The anticipated program’s objective is to contribute to USAID/Haiti’s goal to support a stable Haiti by investing in health services, supporting the Ministry of Health in the delivery of quality health services, and strengthening the health system.
This position is subject to project award and funding and anticipated to be based in Port-au -Prince.
The Performance and Impact Measurement Specialist is a Key Personnel position and will assume responsibility for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of this program, developing a methodology and tools to design an evaluation. S/he will also ensure timely and accurate reporting as required on program indicators on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop the overall framework for the project's M&E systems, in collaboration with USAID and senior project staff, including requirements, reporting, baseline and evaluation surveys. Develop and monitor the project's PMP to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and leadreship team.
- Facilitate state-of-the-art knowledge management practices and real-time, applied and collaborative learning processes. Generate robust evidence for project and programmatic learning that leads to action, decision-making and influence.
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals and contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities.
- Monitor project activities and tracking these activities against the results framework.
- Conduct field visits for data validation, to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets. Coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data. Capture and document lessons learned; champion the scaling up best practices.
- Generate monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of project activities to donor, including progress against targets set in the award agreement and annual work plan, quarterly, and annual reports. Collaborate with the Chief of Party and other senior team members to compile and submit reports to the donor.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting. Supervise, mentor, and build capacity of the project’s M&E team.
- Develop and implement effective monitoring tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
- Master's degree in development studies, public health, statistics, economies or other relevant subject with strong quantitative background.
- A minimum of 8 years of M&E experience in international development projects with a Master's degree or 6 years of M&E experience with a PhD.
- Experience leading the M&E function of a large USAID project is preferred; this experience must include full-cycle M&E experience (from project inception through close out).
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Diversity, as evidenced in previous positions / programming. Demonstrated commitment to PSEAH (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Harassment).
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in developing and operationalizing routine monitoring system designed to track both output and outcome indicators.
- Strong quantitative background and demonstrated expertise in designing annual monitoring surveys including probabilistic sampling strategy and estimating sample size, developing appropriate weights, and analyze quantitative data.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing qualitative studies, in-depth knowledge about qualitative sampling, and experienced in using interview and interactive tools to generate qualitative information and analysis.
- Experienced in developing data quality assurance strategies, data management, and data visualization.
- Knowledge of USAID data collection and reporting requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French; Creole is an advantage.
- Ability to travel within project areas of Haiti as required and as the security situation allows.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected]
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Cette offre d'emploi a été initialement publiée sur Caribejob Haiti — le site idéal pour trouver l'emploi de vos rêves en Haiti.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Fighting against poverty and defending human dignity in Haiti since 1954.