Environmental Services & Maintenance Worker
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- *PART-TIME POSITION
- *TEMPORARY. NO BENEFITS
- *MUST HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT. PLEASE UPLOAD WITH RESUME AND/OR APPLICATION.
- *MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION.
- COVID VACCINATION REQUIRED.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
2. Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Maintenance and Environmental Services Division.
3. Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, and corridors in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
4. Performs detailed cleaning of the exam rooms by following a checklist or as instructed by management.
5. Rotates within FHC sites and completes work assignments in a timely manner.
6. Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to the procedure.
7. Uses and maintains equipment properly.
8. Assists visitors with directions whenever requested.
9. Always introduces yourself to patients, families, and visitors.
10. Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
11. Transports trash and hazardous waste to an appropriate disposal area.
12. Replenishes supplies.
13. Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, Standard Precautions, and isolation precautions.
14. Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
15. Works day, evening or night shifts as assigned.
16. Ability to do work on his/her own with normal supervision.
17. Observes safety precautions at all times.
18. Maintains safety precautions.
19. The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
20. Ability to read and understand equipment operation manual.
21. Cleans and maintains carpet and tiled floors by using heavy equipment to clean, strip and wax floors on a rotating basis.
22. Cooperate with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives, maintain good employee relations and interdepartmental objectives.
23. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, training, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops; shows responsibility for own professional practice and ongoing education
24. Performs maintenance tasks to ensure the grounds and facilities are kept pristine at all times; inclusive of cutting grass, trimming hedges, trash removal and assembling furniture.
Skills and abilities:
· Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
· Complete annual education requirements.
· Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
· Report to work on time and as scheduled.
· Wear identification while on duty.
· Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
· Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
· Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
· Communicate the mission, ethics, and goals of the organization.
· Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
· Attend regular staff meetings and in-services.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Emergency Preparedness training and availability. FHC is a first responder and required to respond in the event of a natural disaster.
Education and Training:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: (approximately +/- 50%)
The physical/mental demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Working irregular hours including call hours.
2. Physically demanding, high-stress environment.
3. Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions.
4. Pushing and pulling heavy objects.
5. Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients Position requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds’ maximum weight to lift and carry.
6. Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.
Work will be performed in the office and community settings. Standard precautions apply, including knowledge of universal precautions related to bloodborne pathogens.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, balance on two feet, stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Mental demands include the ability to learn, adapt to changes, and become proficient quickly, pay close attention to details, courteous and professional demeanor, ability to deal with the stress of meeting deadlines and adhere to company policies and procedures.
Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Frederiksted Health Care, Inc. is a Not-for-Profit corporation in St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands.