This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Accounting, Financial Systems & Controls:
- Analyzes and compiles financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicates monthly and annual financial results to multiple business partners.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Assists in ensuring compliance to corporate standards and policies to ensure appropriate controls and processes that comply with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Aides in the development and maintenance of sound business practices and introduction of controls necessary to protect the Company’s assets and interests, and further ensures compliance with these controls.
- Obtains a thorough understanding of the accounting system to maximize the quality of management reporting.
- Supports audit processes by conducting self-audits and providing information to internal audit department as necessary. Assists locations in preparation for audits and implementation of corrective action plans for areas identified for improvement. Prepare periodic & quarterly Controls Self Assessments.
- Ensures timely communication & submission of payroll critical data to partnering departments (Accounting Services & Human Resources / Compensation).
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Supports a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks. Assist in formulating accounting policies, processes and SOPs
- Leverages centralized accounting processes and shared services.
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Provides on going analytical support. Monitors actual and projected results to ensure financial goals are met while providing support for the cause of financial variances. Assists in identifying opportunities to improve profitability.
- Accurately reports and analyzes revenue, cost, profit, and cash flow deviations from budget and forecast.
- Supports the compensation planning process by providing analysis of potential financial impact, and compliance to company strategy
- Participate in the Budget
- Assist in developing planning models/tools to facilitate business decisions.
- Assist on cross-functional projects requiring finance expertise.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as per business needs on specific projects.
Providing Financial Information and Guidance to Others:
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant financial information in a timely manner.
- Attends critique meetings to review information with management team.
- Advises the Finance Manager on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, or related major; 0-2 years related work experience in finance and accounting; or,
- High School Diploma/GED and equivalent work experience
- General knowledge in a discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology) and associate management. College degree and/or related experience typically required.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
ONE COMPANY A World of Vacations