Programme Director – School of Hospitality
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Department: Division – Professional & Technical Education & Training
Salary: KYD $79,656 - $107,148
Deadline: September 27, 2021
The Programme Director – School of Hospitality is responsible for the development, direction, supervision, fiscal management, and promotion of the School of Hospitality. This full-time position requires curriculum management, student and faculty recruitment and retention, student advisement, scholarship, and service to the department, college, university, profession and community, and overall administration of the School of Hospitality. This position involves direct collaboration with administrators, faculty, and staff in planning and directing the University College goals and objectives. The position is responsible for creating and sustaining an environment of academic and professional excellence for students and faculty and a collaborative working environment with educational team members. The post holder leads and directs workforce development and community education services through coordination with business and industry leaders.
· Master’s Degree in a Hospitality or Tourism related field
· Minimum 5 years’ experience developing hospitality programmes and/or curriculum
· Excellent stakeholder engagement, interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to collaborative and collegial processes
· Manage the budget, resources and infrastructure
· Provide strategic direction consistent
· Lead and develop academic staff in teaching, research, projects and professional activities
· Strong knowledge about human capital development trends in the hospitality sector and other tourism industry sectors
· Develop and implement advisement approaches to ensure that new and returning students are properly advised about the programmes and courses within his or her department
· Create and maintain an environment conducive to the teaching and learning process – internal and external
· Provide strategic direction for the programme, consistent with faculty and university plans and policies, and programme regulatory body requirements
· Design and develop education programmes for hospitality certificate, associate and bachelor degree programmes
· Develop technical skills and work experience for career opportunities in the hospitality industry
· Identify and create opportunities to increase the number of students in the hospitality school programmes, relevant to the needs of the hospitality sector and the tourism industry
· Foster community outreach and provides liaison with area schools, tourism-related business and industry, and public sector to promote, develop and articulate tourism-related instructional offerings
· Manage the budgetary allocation of the programme within approved guidelines established by the UCCI
Applications include a cover letter and CV with a list of existing courses the candidate can teach and proposed new courses the candidate can develop along with two (2) professional and two (2) character references to **@ucci.edu.ky.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Study Local, Go Far