This job is no longer accepting applications.
Overview / Responsibilities
Massy Wood is seeking to recruit an Accountant.
The Accountant is responsible for the preparation of the monthly Management Accounts and Management and Financial Reports in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, generally accepted accounting principles and International Financial Reporting Standards for use in financial performance review and planning.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Preparation of financial reports and information for use in financial performance review and planning.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the integrity of the Balance Sheet, ensuring accurate and timely reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts, as well as timely corrections of reconciling items.
- Responsible for ensuring that timetables for monthly closings are met.
- Inputs budgetary and forecast data into financial reporting systems.
- Preparation of financial, statistical and operational reports as assigned.
- Calculation of monthly Deferred Tax, quarterly Corporation Tax /Business & Green Fund Levies liabilities and payment of quarterly taxes.
- Supervision of junior staff members.
- Assist Department Head or delegate with recommendations on system and reporting improvement.
- Work at all times in conjunction with other teams within MWG to ensure the efficient functioning of the Department and to achieve the overall goals of the Finance Department.
- Adherence to Departmental yearly KPI’s
- Prepares analysis of accounts as required.
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules and provision of reports for external auditors and tax advisors.
- Develop accounting policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all HSSE policies/procedures and participate in Leading Indicators that will result in a Zero Accidents culture.
- Performs all other related job functions as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) level III or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years practical experience in a similar position.
- Excellent analytical, organising and communication skills.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Accepts feedback well to promote professional development.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Preferance will be given to Nationals/Permanent Residents of Trinidad.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job ad was originally posted on Caribejob Trinidad and Tobago — the #1 place to find the job of your dreams in Trinidad and Tobago.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Wood appoints Global Director of Decarbonisation and New Energies