Supervisor Housekeeping KNA In Marriotts St Kitts Beach Club At Marriott Vacations Worldwide
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Safety and Security
- Reports work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follows Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Uses proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Identifies and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follows company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follows property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Completes appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Maintains awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follows policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Addresses guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcomes and acknowledges each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Listens and responds positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, Asgard) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assists other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipates guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Assists to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Engages guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Provides assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Speaks to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talks with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Discusses work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Exchanges information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Assigns and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Serves as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
Working with Others
- Supports all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handles sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develops and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Complies with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Monitors the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Moves, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and places objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Stands, sits, or walks for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Contacts Engineering, At Your Service (AYS), or Housekeeping office directly for urgent repairs.
- Identifies and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
- Enters status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheets/workboards and/or through the phone system.
- Responds promptly to requests from guests, Front Desk, or At Your Service requests.
- Uses checklists to ensure that cleanliness and condition of each assigned area meets designated standards.
- Selects appropriate cleaning chemicals and necessary personal protective equipment for various surfaces and cleaning jobs, following OSHA regulations and corporate standards.
- Completes required Housekeeping paperwork, including reports, worksheets, activity logs, and checklists.
- Identifies room assignments and type of cleaning required for each room based on codes listed on assignment sheets/workboards.
- Requests preventative maintenance or non-urgent repairs using appropriate method (e.g., Asgard, MLR communication).
- Report room status (e.g., Do Not Disturb notice on room, discrepant rooms) to Main Linen Room, Housekeeping manager/supervisor, or Front Desk.
Guest Rooms, Villas, and Suites
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access, such as knocking three times, saying “Housekeeping,” and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Reports missing hotel/resort property and damages to room to manager/supervisor.
- Checks that all appliances are present in the room and in working order (e.g., hair dryer, television and remote, DVD player, microwave).
- Limits access to guest rooms while cleaning by following departmental procedures.
Housekeeping Quality Control
- Inspects guest rooms after being cleaned by Housekeeper to ensure quality standards are met.
- Communicates with Housekeepers throughout the day to ensure that vacant dirty rooms are cleaned by the necessary time.
Policies and Procedures
- Protects the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Ensures uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follows company and department policies and procedures.
- Protects company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other reasonable job duties as requested
Your application has been successfully submitted.
ONE COMPANY A World of Vacations