Mechanic,FM. Haitian Residents – Full-time
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position helps provide and maintain facilities which give Church members places where they can work, worship, teach, learn, pray together, make and renew covenants, and receive sacred ordinances. Each Church facility that is built and/or maintained should 1) Provide a spiritual setting for members to worship, and 2) Present an image of reverence and dignity in the community. • Performs scheduled and emergency preventative maintenance on heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and equipment, and on plumbing, electrical and sound systems. This position:
- Performs moderate repairs to those systems and equipment to motors, pumps, and small engines and to cabinets, mill work, sheet rock, flooring, locks, and hardware.
- Performs inside cleaning and outside grounds care duties.
- Services, repairs, or replaces HVAC and components, plumbing and sprinkler systems, electrical systems, sound and electronic systems.
- Follows preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment, motors, pumps, etc to ensure warranty compliance and to extend life of equipment.
- Performs custodial duties to keep the meetinghouse and grounds clean and orderly.
- Services, repairs or replaces locks, hinges, mill work, sheet rock (minor), tile work (minor), wall coverings (minor), small paint jobs, motors, engines and ground care equipment.
- Responsible for safety during work, including the reporting of hazards, both inside and outside the building, to the FM Manager.
- Attends meetings when assigned by FM Manager and attends training sessions to upgrade technical skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One year of trade school or two years of apprenticeship training in HVAC, electrical, mechanical and/or plumbing or four or more years or related experience.
- Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and cellphones. Must understand and be able to use MS Office applications, department-specific software, web-based programs, Internet services, and wireless communications..
Essential Physical Requirements
- During the performance of your duties you must be able to do the following:
- Lift and/or move items weighing 50 lbs. and carry items weighing 50 pounds 20 feet.
- Transfer items weighing 50 lbs. a distance of 20 feet without mechanical assistance.
- Use hand tools when repairing equipment requiring body forces of 40 lbs.
- Use a ladder 80 rungs per hour in an eight-hour day to access attic spaces, elevated repair locations and to change light bulbs.
- Climb 180 stairs per day to access all areas of the meetinghouse and grounds.
- Access mechanical equipment on rooftops and tolerate heights of 30 feet.
- Kneel and reach 18 inches below ground level, and stoop and stand repeatedly for 30 times per day.
- Access mechanical equipment in areas with limited crawlspace.
- Sit to drive between locations for 4 hours per day.
- Stand for 2 hours continuously, and 7 hours overall in an eight-hour day.
- Walk for 4.0 miles per day to access all areas of the meetinghouse and grounds.
- Requires near/far/depth/color vision to troubleshoot, perform preventive maintenance, and repair HVAC, plumbing, sprinkler, electrical, sound, electronic systems; to repair cabinets, mill work and hardware; to drive.
- Must be familiar with and able to safely use industrial cleaning chemicals and products.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.