Senior Finance and Administration Manager, Improved Health Service Delivery (IHSD)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
RTI International is an independent non-profit research firm in the United States. We help developing countries and communities address complex problems in education, health, food security, governance, and economic development. Our programs emphasize sustainability, bringing partners in government together with foundations, donor organizations, the private sector, and academic institutions.
RTI International is currently accepting applications for a Senior Finance and Administration Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded Improved Health Service Delivery activity in Haiti. This anticipated activity aims to deliver health services from the Ministry of Health’s Essential Package of Health Services through facilities and attending communities. These services are to include: 1) Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Services; 2) HIV/AIDS; and 3) Family Planning and Reproductive Health (e.g.. services, counseling, & commodities). These services will be rendered both at facility levels and within the community through mobile clinics and community health workers and will also include higher level services such as integrated management of newborn and child illness, and basic emergency obstetric and newborn care. Additionally, it is envisioned that the activity will have a cross-cutting component ensuring integration and collaboration among all health services, monitoring and evaluation, community participation/health system strengthening and capacity building; and coordination with the Government of Haiti through the Ministry of Health, local NGOs, and other partners to develop a deliberate transition plan (and timeframe) to reduce humanitarian assistance to the Government of Haiti. The activity is expected to build on previous and on-going USAID/Haiti interventions.
The Senior Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project finances and administration management. She/he will ensure that national legislation is adhered to and that country-specific standards are applied in ensuring efficient use of resources. She/he will manage the local support team and work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and RTI home office project management team to ensure project implementation within the budget, schedule, and scope. The Senior Finance and Administration Manager will report to the COP. Position is contingent upon award and funding.
- Ensures project resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted, analyzed, disbursed, monitored, and reported in achieving project objectives
- Reports to the client on project financial health to ensure that billing and collections are accurately performed
- Oversees all field financial and operations activities in alignment with RTI’s global operations practices
- Ensures compliance with USAID’s, RTI’s, and country’s rules, regulations, and procedures
- Ensures effective coordination between office operations and implementing team
- Oversees preparation and submission of various monthly financial reports and statements (including expenses, receivable and payables, pipelines, projections, accruals, commitments)
- Ensures timely submission of the expense reports, bank reconciliations, and wire transfer requests to home office in the US
- Prepares biweekly cash requirements, monitoring cash flow, and reconciling cash accounts to maintain appropriate cash balances, including petty cash system
- Oversees project grant financial disbursements
- Supervises the Finance and Administration Officer and other program support staff as needed
- Ensures that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place in compliance with USAID policies and procedures, to mitigate fraud, waste, and abuse, and meet generally recognized accounting standards.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or its equivalent, with 10 years of related experience or a bachelor’s degree with 12 years of related experience.
- Previous experience in senior finance roles on USAID or other donor funded projects
- At least 5 years of experience managing finances in QuickBooks.
- Advanced working with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Proven experience in managing diverse teams in challenging and changing international development settings.
- Strong multicultural, interpersonal, diplomatic, and supervision skills
- Fluency in French (equivalent R4/S4), written and spoken required, with proficiency in English (R2/S2). Fluency in Creole desired.
- Results-driven to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Detail-orientated and expert in financial management.
- Experience and strong knowledge of project management areas, including start-up and close-out.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of country and USAID rules, regulations, and policies.
- Problem-solver and action-oriented to move tasks forward towards completion
- Experience with hiring personnel.
- Leadership and communications skills to be able to successfully lead a team of professionals in areas of project finance, administration, procurement, grants, and HR.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We help developing countries and communities address complex problems in education, health, food security, governance, and economic development.