Chief of Party, Improved Health Service Delivery (IHSD)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
RTI International is an independent non-profit research firm in the United States. We help developing countries and communities address complex problems in education, health, food security, governance, and economic development. Our programs emphasize sustainability, bringing partners in government together with foundations, donor organizations, the private sector, and academic institutions.
RTI is currently accepting applications for a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Improved Health Service Delivery activity in Haiti. This anticipated activity aims to deliver health services from the Ministry of Health’s Essential Package of Health Services through facilities and attending communities. These services are to include: 1) Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Services; 2) HIV/AIDS; and 3) Family Planning and Reproductive Health (e.g., services, counseling, & commodities). These services will be rendered both at facility levels and within the community through mobile clinics and community health workers and will also include higher level services such as integrated management of newborn and child illness, and basic emergency obstetric and newborn care. Additionally, it is envisioned that the activity will have a cross-cutting component ensuring integration and collaboration among all health services, monitoring and evaluation, community participation/health system strengthening and capacity building; and coordination with the Government of Haiti through the Ministry of Health, local NGOs, and other partners to develop a deliberate transition plan (and timeframe) to reduce humanitarian assistance to the Government of Haiti. The activity is expected to build on previous and on-going USAID/Haiti interventions.
The COP is responsible for overall project performance, management, and execution; ensuring all project deliverables are compliant and completed within budget; and maintaining strong working relations with USAID and other stakeholders. Position is contingent upon award and funding.
- Responsible for all project management and operations, including financial management, cost control, sub recipient management, performance monitoring, financial reporting, and client relations.
- Serves as RTI’s project liaison to USAID/Haiti, host government counterparts, local organizations, other stakeholders, and program partners.
- Provides strategic leadership and technical and managerial direction for the successful implementation of the project.
- Responsible for the overall performance and results of the project, including management and oversight of the program’s technical, operational, and administrative staff.
- Interfaces regularly with USAID on management and decision-making and ensures that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated.
- Develops and implements annual program work and performance milestone plans and negotiates an agreement of those plans with USAID and other partner organizations.
- Leads annual project work planning and reporting and be the principal point of contact with USAID, Government of Haiti/Ministry of Health, local NGOs, and other implementing partners.
- Ensure the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
- Conducts day-to-day management of the project from Port-au-Prince and through frequent travel to supported partners, departments, and regions.
- With the Finance and Operations Director, adapt and implement management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all activities funded by the agreement, ensuring appropriate financial resources, monitoring, and tracking expenditures, and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID.
- Directly supervise senior technical and operational staff members.
- Master’s degree in public health, health systems management, health policy, or an advanced degree in a related field with at least 14 years of relevant experience. University degree (or higher) in clinical health field (nursing, medicine, surgery) is preferred.
- Minimum of 14 years of experience in the public health sector, including managing and leading technical and administrative teams for health projects focused on areas including maternal/child health, HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, nutrition, health systems strengthening and/or health service delivery.
- Senior-level expertise and demonstrated credibility in any of the following technical areas: maternal/child health, HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, nutrition, health systems strengthening and/or health service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to support cross-sectoral programming (e.g., with nutrition, education, and/or governance) in development settings.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with key stakeholders (e.g., international organizations, NGO partners, host country governments, and U.S. government agencies).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in senior management roles with financial and technical oversight responsibilities.
- Experience working as COP or DCOP for USG-funded project is highly desirable with proven capacity to effectively manage project funds and geographically disparate staff.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with USAID, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Demonstrated success in complex health program management including experience in the following: client relationship management, developing program work plans, developing program budgets, managing program implementation, and fielding and managing short term technical assistance for donor-funded programs (preferably USAID-funded programs).
- Ability to develop a common vision among partners and lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
- Possesses the required oral, written communication, and presentation skills in French (equivalent to R4/S4) and English (equivalent to R3/S3). Fluency in Creole desirable.
- Work experience in Haiti is required.
- Haitian citizens/nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We help developing countries and communities address complex problems in education, health, food security, governance, and economic development.