Chief of Party, Haiti
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Project: Comprehensive Access to HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment, and Prevention Services for Key Populations in Haiti under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
Heartland Alliance International (HAI) is the international wing of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 125 years. HAI is comprised of numerous country offices implementing programs on a broad range of human rights issues globally, as well as the Chicago-based Marjorie Kovler Center for the Treatment of Survivors of Torture, which serves individuals from more than 50 countries. HAI is an industry leader in access to high-quality and stigma-free health care and HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care for key populations (including people who engage in commercial sex work, people who use drugs, LGBTIQ individuals, and others). HAI also has significant expertise in the fields of trauma-informed mental health care and access to justice for survivors of rights abuses. Across all of its programs, HAI promotes progressive, innovative approaches to human rights protections and gender equality.
HAI is a leader in access to effective, high quality, and stigma-free health care. Since 2009, HAI has implemented large-scale, donor-funded programs that reach heavily stigmatized key populations in Côte d’Ivoire, the Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, and Rwanda with comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care services. HAI’s HIV/AIDS programming is firmly rooted in the empowerment and professionalization of key population communities. Serving marginalized and vulnerable populations, HAI addresses patients’ physical and emotional trauma by providing an integrated approach to health care that includes access to justice, mental health, and community empowerment.
Leveraging HAI’s experience in Haiti and building upon the organization’s global expertise in HIV/AIDS programming for key populations, HAI plans to respond to the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control forthcoming call for proposals entitled Comprehensive Access to HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment, and Prevention Services for Key Populations in Haiti under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) in Haiti.
Chief of Party – Haiti
Languages: Fluent in English & French/Haitian Creole required
Heartland Alliance International (HAI) seeks candidates for Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated CDC-funded program focused on HIV/AIDS service delivery for key populations, specifically commercial sex workers, transgender individuals, and men who have sex with men. This project will also increase access to services, education, and awareness to reduce stigma and discrimination, and capacity building for local and community organizations. This is a full-time position and will report directly to the Director for International Programs based in HAI’s Chicago HQ.
- Maintain overall programmatic and financial management responsibility for the program and ensure that Heartland Alliance International abides by US Government financial and programmatic procedures, rules and regulations;
- Work with the project Steering Committee and KP-Community Review Panels to ensure efficient implementation of selected project goals are met within time-frame and budget;
- Work with Deputy Director for Programs and Deputy Director for Operations to recruit appropriate project management staff;
- Train and support staff to build capacity and to transfer skills in all aspects of program implementation, M&E, and financial management;
- Ensure high standards in meeting financial management accountability;
- Monitor progress toward meeting objectives and make program design corrections as needed;
- Liaise with program partners, HAI’s Chicago HQ, CDC, and other NGOs to ensure solid coordination and to encourage knowledge sharing;
- Oversee the development of annual workplans, monitoring and evaluation plans and other required documents;
- Produce and deliver all required program reports to the Government of Haiti, CDC, partners, and HAI’s Chicago HQ to keep all stakeholders informed on program progress and to share lessons learned;
- Engage in “responsible promotion” with government entities, non-governmental organizations, and civic associations to advocate for KP rights, while protecting their safety;
- Travel to project sites to provide technical assistance and troubleshoot with staff;
- Represent the program and deliver presentations on behalf of Heartland Alliance International in Haiti, throughout the region, and at related conferences;
- Oversee all programmatic implementation – focusing on HIV prevention for KP and capacity building for KP organizations/associations in Haiti;
- Support HAI’s Program Development Team to design, draft, and edit proposals related to HIV/AIDS and contribute to proposal development and fundraising efforts for Haiti;
- Other duties, as assigned.
Master, medical, and/or doctoral degree in medicine, public health, nursing, or related field required. 10+ years of experience in HIV/AIDs programming, including extensive experience developing and implementing health programs for key populations. Demonstrated history of professional experience managing other staff members. Demonstrated ability to train staff and implementing partners in health approaches. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated history of professional experience with large-scale, US Government funded programming. Previous experience with the CDC strongly preferred. Demonstrated working alongside and developing the capacity of grassroots NGOs. Extensive experience in HIV prevention programming, including experience with and solid knowledge of HIV prevention programming/approaches for KP. Policy advocacy and community organizing experience preferred. Strong negotiation skills and ability to remain composed and professional in difficult circumstances. Demonstrated commitment to gender equity and participant-driven programming, as well as sensitivity and understanding of health concerns of key populations in Haiti.
Please apply directly through Heartland Alliance International’s application portal. A complete application package will include a resume/CV and a cover letter. Please note that HAI will only consider applicants that submit a full application package.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Heartland Alliance International is a Chicago-based non-profit organization that addresses some of the world's most complex human rights challenges, p...