RERA Assistant Team Leader
This job is no longer accepting applications.
USAID/Haiti’s Rapid Education and Risk Analysis (RERA)
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services crosscut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
In May 2017, USAID awarded SI the Haiti Evaluation Survey Services (ESS) contract to conduct baseline, mid-term, and final evaluations for a wide range of projects currently being implemented throughout the country, with more emphasis around USAID’s development corridors of Port-au-Prince, Saint Marc, and Cap-Haitian. The contract also includes sector assessments to inform the Mission in designing its new Strategic Framework (2018-2020).
Haiti ESS is conducting a Rapid Education and Risk Analysis (RERA). A RERA is a “good enough” situation analysis of educational institutions, learners, and their communities as a dynamic system of relationships involving assets and multiple contextual risks . In line with its unfolding strategic framework and building upon the successes and learnings of USAID’s previous work in early grade reading in Haiti, this analysis will focus on the unique barriers to learning and assets and capacities of each school community. This analysis will better illuminate the effects of the recent school closures on disparate populations, i.e. who is impacted and how as well as uncover coping strategies that can be strengthened. This activity will also provide a snapshot of the education system and identify key actors and entry points to support the Mission’s goal of a flexible, resilient system.
Haiti ESS is seeking a Haitian Assessment Consultant to assist the RERA Team Leader with the technical and management aspects of the RERA. The Assistant Team Leader/Local consultant will be expected to work closely with the Team Leader as well as SI project management team to ensure quality and timely deliverables.
The Local Consultant will be a core member of the RERA Team and carry out a RERA in accordance with the USAID RERA Toolkit [ https://eccnetwork.net/wp-content/uploads/RERAToolKit_508.pdf ] . The Local Consultant shall work under the supervision of the RERA Team Leader.
The Local Consultant will have a dual role. She/He will provide logistical, administrative and organizational support the overall planning and implementation of the RERA, and will provide substantive contributions to the RERA as requested. She/He will serve in a collaborative manner and in line with the RERA Toolkit and engage a broad array of partners and stakeholders with the highest level of tact, sensitivity, and organization. The Local Consultant’s role is central to maintaining the quality and legitimacy of the RERA process and findings.
The RERA level of effort is about 60 days, approximately 12–14 weeks, inclusive of four to six consecutive weeks of data collection and analysis.
**Candidates with Haitian citizenship are strongly encouraged to apply. **
The Local Consultant will:
- Provide planning support for the RERA Team in collaboration with Haiti ESS to cover all fieldwork sites.
- Arrange stakeholder meetings for the RERA Team and maintain the RERA Team’s daily schedule.
- Conduct advance school site preparations for primary data collection, in line with the RERA Toolkit and in close consultation with the USAID Mission and key partners.
- Provide written recommendations on the names, organizations and contacts of potential stakeholders and partners whom the RERA Team should interview/contact for data collection, analysis, and general consultation and coordination.
- Provide written recommendations and inputs for customizing the RERA methodology to Haiti and input into the RERA design plan.
- Participate in RERA training as well as assist in the facilitation of training for enumerators.
- Support all client deliverables including a desk review of existing literature, IRB application, design report, in- and out-briefs, the final report, and dissemination activities.
- Support the planning of and participate in stakeholder consultations at designated moments during the process, including validation meetings with key stakeholders and partners on preliminary conclusions, and recommendations at the end of data collection.
- Support the planning of primary data collection, including training and the conduct of key informant interviews and focus group discussions and facilitate and/or participate in key informant interviews and focus group discussions, report on data, as necessary.
- Provide inputs into final report, summary report and briefings, including power point presentations, and lessons learned report.
- Participate in team meetings and external briefings
The Consultant should possess the following attributes and experience:
- Experience in managing operations, administration, and organization, including scheduling, and maintaining stakeholder communications
- Experience in the field of education, violence prevention or disaster risk reduction preferred.
- Experience in drafting reports preferred.
- Active networks of contacts
- Experience working with USAID either as a contractor or staff member.
Location: The consultancy will be remote and have three phases: (a) inception and design report, and (b) implementation of primary data collection, and (c) data analysis and final report drafting.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact and specific opportunities currently available in Haiti, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We are a leading Development Management Firm focused on advancing development effectiveness. Our services include Monitoring, Evaluation and Capacity ...