RERA Education Specialist - ESS
This job is no longer accepting applications.
USAID/Haiti’s Rapid Education and Risk Analysis (RERA)
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services crosscut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
In May 2017, USAID awarded SI the Haiti Evaluation Survey Services (ESS) contract to conduct baseline, mid-term, and final evaluations for a wide range of projects currently being implemented throughout the country, with more emphasis around USAID’s development corridors of Port-au-Prince, Saint Marc, and Cap-Haitian. The contract also includes sector assessments to inform the Mission in designing its new Strategic Framework (2018-2020).
Haiti ESS is conducting a Rapid Education and Risk Analysis (RERA). A RERA is a “good enough” situation analysis of educational institutions, learners, and their communities as a dynamic system of relationships involving assets and multiple contextual risks . In line with its unfolding strategic framework and building upon the successes and learnings of USAID’s previous work in early grade reading in Haiti, this analysis will focus on the unique barriers to learning and assets and capacities of each school community. This analysis will better illuminate the effects of the recent school closures on disparate populations, i.e. who is impacted and how as well as uncover coping strategies that can be strengthened. This activity will also provide a snapshot of the education system and identify key actors and entry points to support the Mission’s goal of a flexible, resilient system.
Haiti ESS is seeking an Haitian Education Specialist consultant to assist the RERA Team Leader with the technical and management aspects of the RERA. The Assistant Team Leader/Education Specialist will be expected to work closely with the Team Leader as well as ESS management team to ensure quality and timely deliverables. The Education Specialist Consultant will be a core member of the RERA Team and carry out a RERA in accordance with the USAID RERA Toolkit [ https://eccnetwork.net/wp-content/uploads/RERAToolKit_508.pdf ] . The Education Specialist shall work under the supervision of the RERA Team Leader.
The RERA level of effort is about 60 days, approximately 12 – 14 weeks, inclusive of four to six consecutive weeks of data collection and analysis.
**Candidates with Haitian citizenship are strongly encouraged to apply. **
- Provide written recommendations for customizing the RERA methodology to Haiti’s context, particularly relating to education.
- Provide written background analysis on the education sector, and how it interacts with contextual risks.
- Contribute to draft a conceptual framework for the RERA (design and data collection tools ), focusing on violence, insecurity, disaster risk and the education sector .
- Provide written recommendations relating to education in Haiti to support adaptation of the RERA methodology, desk review literature list, identification of informants and partners, data collection and analysis, and synthesis and report writing.
- Participate in RERA training as well as assist in the facilitation of training for enumerators.
- Participate in and contribute to all client deliverables including a desk review of existing literature, IRB application, design report, in- and out-briefs, the final report, and dissemination activities.
- Facilitate/ Participate in data collection—including, but not limited to, conducting or taking notes for interviews and focus group discussions and report on data, and conducting quality reviews of incoming data and enumerator performance .
- Participate in preparation and delivery of USAID and partner briefings
- Analyze RERA data including learning and utilizing the database, ensuring data quality.
- Participate in team meetings and external briefings
- Provide inputs into final report, summary report and briefings and lessons learned report, as required especially regarding technical areas, in conformity with USAID regulations and the scope of work.
- Assist Haiti ESS in maintaining good working relationships with USAID, Government of Haiti counterparts, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Collaborate with the SI headquarters and Haiti ESS staff with strategic and operational planning to implement the approved work plan.
The Education Specialist should possess the following attributes and experience:
- Expertise in education sector in Haiti generally.
- Experience in leading and/or participating in education sector assessments or other primary data collection and analysis exercises
- Experience in drafting high quality reports, with English capability preferred.
- Active networks of contacts in the education sector in Haiti.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the education in emergencies sub-sector preferable.
- Experience working with USAID either as a contractor or staff member.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills a must and familiarity with USAID programs, objectives and reporting requirements preferred.
- Trilingual fluency in French, Creole, and English preferred
Location: The consultancy will be remote and have three phases: (a) inception and design report, and (b) implementation of primary data collection, and (c) data analysis and final report drafting.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact and specific opportunities currently available in Haiti, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We are a leading Development Management Firm focused on advancing development effectiveness. Our services include Monitoring, Evaluation and Capacity ...