Head Of Office Cap Haitien/Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization driven by the belief that a better world is possible. In disasters, in harsh conditions, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to implement bold solutions - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Mercy Corps helps communities develop their own ideas for solving Haiti's toughest problems by using innovative approaches to provide Haitians with new social and economic opportunities and make their country more secure, productive and just. Established in January 2010, Mercy Corps Haiti has offices in Port-au-Prince, Canaan, Arcahaie and Miragoane and more than 50 employees carry out violence reduction, financial inclusion, agriculture and natural resource management programs, and humanitarian response and disaster risk reduction / preparedness. Mercy Corps takes a progressive approach to development that leads communities and entrepreneurs from sustainable livelihood support to resilience.
With a view to expanding its activities in more localities in Haiti, Mercy Corps is opening an office in the north, particularly in Cap-Haitian with programs on the impact of COVID-19 and support for young girls and boys. In this light, we are looking for an office manager who can ensure the overall functioning of the office in Cap-Haitian.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The PM/HoO will be based in Cap-Haitian with regular travel to the PAP office. The PM/HoO provides general management and leadership for all program support functions for including current and future program activities to ensure that they accomplish their deliverables with high impact, budget management, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation activities. This person represents Mercy Corps and liaises with the local government, NGOs, UN agencies, and community groups in the area of operations. S/he is also responsible for the security information, procurement, and logistics links within the region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Use community-based approaches, seeking involvement of, and ownership by, beneficiary communities and local partner organizations during all stages of the project design, implementation and evaluation, where possible.
- Work to strengthen organizational and technical capacity of local partners (local CBOs, local government structures, etc.).
- Ensure that appropriate planning, monitoring and quality control of program activities is in place and projects are closed in accordance with Mercy Corps [email protected] standards.
- Support and troubleshooting any urgent issues with North-based program, as requested and in coordination with the concerned Program Manager.
- Work with Director of Programs to define (and update on an annual basis) emergency scenarios, evaluate the emergency response capacity of the team, and develop a strategy for humanitarian response programming
- As necessary, assist with development, design, and proposal writing for related programming.
- Work with the country leadership to formulate and revise country program strategies and priorities, and to communicate this strategy to constituencies.
- Work with the country leadership on annual planning processes.
- Lead the development, design, and proposal-writing for new projects in the North department.
- Conduct robust information campaigns designed to promote community resilience during the global COVID-19 pandemic
- Ensure the involvement of the key actors in current programs
- Develop a good relationship with local authorities while ensuring their participation in the programs implemented in their communities
Operations and Management
- Manage the smooth flowing of routine program support functions (finance, logistics and security) of the Mercy Corps offices and compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the PAP-based Head of HR to ensure that all recruitment and HR needs of the Cap Haitian based staff are met, including performance management and professional development.
- Manage the administration support function for the office including managing the rental contract for the office space, maintaining the office well organized with a safe and healthy working atmosphere.
- Manage all aspects of asset management including maintenance of the asset register and the inventory.
- Ensure timely, effective and transparent use of financial resources in compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures.
- Supervise the management and maintenance of vehicle fleet, office facilities, and equipment.
- Oversee security systems and procedures and ensure all staff adheres to these procedures.
- Facilitate security meetings and communicate changes in the context and recommendations to Port au Prince
- Facilitate any incident reporting requirements as required, and maintain a filing system to ensure that Port au Prince has access to files and completed forms in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Mercy Corps’ Port au Prince office on all operational support as required including travel needs, and provide security briefings to visitors to the Miragoane office.
- Report weekly to Port au Prince office on program and administrative activities and security situation.
- Ensure North-based activities are on schedule and following contingency plans as outlined by Director of Programs and respective Program Managers
Representation and Coordination
- Liaise with local government officials, local NGOs and civil society organizations, local religious leaders and other notables to ensure support for and acceptance of Mercy Corps projects.
- Maintain close working relationships with donors, international organizations and local partners, including representing Mercy Corps at local coordination meetings.
- Participate in MC Haiti Leadership Team meetings and contribute to country program development.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
This position requires supervision of a team of approximately 15-20 national staff (Programs Staff, Logistic Staff, Administrative Officers and Finance Officers).
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Country Director
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Director of Programs, Mercy Corps Program Mangers overseeing programs in that region, local government and partner organizations, Logistics Manager, HR Officer.
Accountability: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Organizational Learning: As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve - we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A BA/S or equivalent in relevant field; MA/S preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ NGO experience successfully managing multi-sectoral programs in the field. Experience working in international relief and development in logistics, administration, staff supervision and development, training, team building, finance, donor relations, and inter/intra – agency communications. This includes experience living and working overseas and working in remote conditions.
- Must be able to strategically advise staff on program and office activities and security issues.
- Must have thorough understanding of office administration and HR systems and ensure they are upheld.
- Ability to effectively represent the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations and the public.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Fluency in French required. Haitian Creole and English a plus.
The PM/HoO will have proven experience working effectively and respectfully with host country government and NGOs. S/he will have effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills and demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members. A commitment to working with community members to make concrete improvements to their livelihoods and living conditions as well as an ability to creatively problem-solve, juggle multiple priorities under tight deadlines and calmly and diplomatically deal with unexpected and sudden events impacting program operations is critical as is patience and a good sense of humor.
Residents of Community Cap-Haitien are strongly encouraged to apply.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.