National Director, WV Haiti – Full-time
This job is no longer accepting applications.
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The National Director (ND) will strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of World Vision's ministry in Haiti with a vision of shared relevance and impact in the Caribbean Island (Haiti and Dominican Republic). In performing this role, the ND will be an effective leader locally, an effective member of the partnership and will model the organization’s principles of Twin Citizenship to ensure high ministry quality and overall organizational effectiveness. The ND will ensure that the Haiti program has the capacity to assure the contribution to WV Global Strategy particularly the strategic agenda for fragile contexts and development and management of grants and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS).
- Ensure there are clear strategies for People and Culture, Resource Development, Public Engagement, General Services, Finance, Marketing and other main functions; ensure that the function strategies are based on the National Strategy and operational plans and promote synergies and increased efficiencies across Haiti and DR. Facilitate and be accountable for the execution and monitoring of strategies and plans.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in integrated operations with internal and external stakeholders and ensure fluid and successful change management around integrated operations.
- Promote WV’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and key Partnership Standards and Practices among the staff and partners and ensure these are the core foundation of WVHAI strategy and work.
- Lead the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and ensure diverse representation on the leadership team.
- Strong focus on leadership and people management, ensuring the most capable and qualified staff members are in place to implement office strategy and operational plans.
- Grow and develop WV Haiti advisory council promoting closer collaboration and synergies over time.
- Lead and manage WVHAI team in a way that facilitates a high performance culture focused on delivery of impact; open trustworthy relationships centered on reconciliation; learning and development; good stewardship and integrity; servant leadership; staff and asset safety in fragile contexts; agility and continuous improvement; and gender/age/ethnic diversity.
- Lead the SLT to model living our faith with boldness and humility through a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships.
- Implement intentional capacity building for local staff, ensuring successor building is prioritized by all areas.
- Build and maintain sustainability through diversified public and private revenue growth in alignment with agreed targets through the development and execution of country specific strategic resource acquisition plans.
- Define a vision for grants acquisition and management performance ensuring that grants are strategically aligned to office priorities and consider the competitive landscape and agile adaptive management requirements by donors and country contexts.
- Engage externally with high-level government officials, donors, UN and Multilateral/Bilateral agencies, faith leaders and corporate partners to increase engagement and funding.
- Ensure strong grants management to create trust and engagement with the donor for accessing future resources and increased credibility.
- Provide direction for integrating private and public funds to maximize results and respond to community needs in most effective and efficient way.
- Ensure excellent standards in the management of the human, financial, capital and technical resources of the organization, which includes inspiring and maintaining high standards of work and clear accountability to stakeholders.
- Ensure efficient and effective organizational practices that result in successful financial and operational audit scores.
- Ensure that key Ministry and support functions are strategically aligned and appropriately included in the field office strategy.
- Provide overall strategic leadership and initiative for identifying and securing financial resources to support the program.
- Ensure and oversee proper mechanisms for Child and Adult Safeguarding and other WVI standards and principles implementation.
- Promote and model high level of transparency, integrity and zero tolerance to fraud.
- Have overall responsibility for assessment of risks and the development of risk management planning to mitigate risks to office operations, staff, assets and programs.
- Ensure organizational compliance to Government standards and laws for WV operations in the Haiti and DR.
- Ensure core programming models and systems are in place so that projects are managed on time and on budget in achieving the desired impact on Child Well Being (CWB).
- Ensure the highest standards of quality and accountability through compliance with World Vision policies and standards and international standards for emergency response, disaster mitigation, rehabilitation and development.
- Ensure that the field office functions in a contextualized, complementary, sensitive and cohesive manner.
Twin Citizenship and Representation:
- Act as a Twin Citizen ensuring that Haiti participate in regional and global processes and decisions and allocates resources and talent where most needed in Haiti, region or Partnership.
- Contribute to the Partnership, understand its systems and priorities, act as a global leader and a Twin Citizen
- Represent World Vision in Haiti and engage and build strategic alliances with the Governments, major donor agencies, local donors, WV Partnership, non-governmental agencies, churches and media.
- Ensure WV is positioned as a leading NGO in promoting the well-being and rights of children within Haiti to develop public and stakeholders’ confidence and trust
- Ensure the collaboration growth between WV HAI and WV DR.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in one of major Ministries (Relief, Development, Advocacy), close familiarity with other two.
- Current or Prior experience working and leading in Haiti strongly preferred.
- Experience leading large scale emergencies, preferably in fragile contexts.
- At least 5 years’ experience overseeing a large Government grant, its acquisition and donor engagement.
- Knowledge of LEAP cycle and Transformational Development Indicators is preferred.
- Experience in marketing and fund raising in general and generating local revenue in particular, Advocacy and public relations and leading or working with advisory boards.
- Current or Prior experience working and leading in Haiti strongly preferred.
- Track records of strong people management (leadership) skills.
- Ability to manage remote teams.
- Ability to present persuasively to Board, Senior Management Team, staff, donors, NGO’s, government officials, community leaders and other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in development studies, management or social sciences or equivalent with 10 years’ experience in country level program management.
- Demonstrating experience of living and working in fragile context (economic, social, weather, security, etc.)
- Experience with Humanitarian industry and World vision will be preferred.
- Experience in combining slow and fast onset programs. Ability to juggle emergency response with long-term transformational development.
- Understanding of the socio-cultural religious context is a must as well as hostile environment security awareness.
- Achieving quality results and service, practicing accountability and integrity, and communicating information effectively.
- Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly, understanding the humanitarian industry, understanding World Vision’s mission and operations, and practicing innovation and change.
- Building collaborative relationships, practicing gender and cultural diversity, and influencing individuals and groups.
- Supporting World Vision’s Christian identify and commitments, learning for growth and development, and maintaining work/life balance and effectiveness.
- English and French is a must. Spanish is a plus. Candidate must be willing to learn Spanish if they do not currently speak the language.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and French.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
We are a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation, working with the most vulnerable because Jesus is alive in the hardest places to be ...