Haiti Country Director – Full-time
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Project Medishare for Haiti is a nonprofit organization that empowers Haitians to provide and receive access to quality health care and related services. For more than 25 years, our team of doctors, nurses, community health workers and volunteers has cared for thousands of children and adults. Last year alone, more than 80,000 people benefitted from the comprehensive health services and medical training we provide.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-driven, and highly focused individual to take on a leadership role at Project Medishare. Applicants must have solid experience in the implementation of community-based health and development programs in Haiti and/or other low-income country, be passionate about the field of global health, and have a strong desire to play a senior leadership role.
This is a full-time position based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, with regular bi-weekly, short-term trips to the Central Plateau. Some travel to Miami will also be required. The Country Director reports to the Executive Director of Project Medishare.
Strategy and Implementation: In collaboration with the Executive Director and various program teams, develop and implement the country strategy for health and development projects in Haiti, specifically the Central Plateau, and support to Hospital Bernard Mevs, Project Medishare’s primary partner.
Program Management and Compliance: Ensure all aspects of the health and development projects are implemented in strict accordance with the policies, procedures, and methods of the program model (with agreed upon local modifications). Work with the Executive Director and collaborating parties to develop performance management, governance, and compliance processes and procedures where needed.
Partner Liaison and Development: Establish and nurture supportive and highly collaborative working relationships with all internal and external program staff, volunteers and partners in order to successfully meet program deliverables.
Communications and Fundraising: In collaboration with the Executive Director, assist in the development of creative, innovative, targeted, and dynamic communications and fundraising activities to maximize the visibility of the organization among internal and external audiences.
- Proven success in the management, implementation, and evaluation, of community-driven health and development programs, with at least five years’ experience working for an international nonprofit organization
- Significant experience managing local staff, both administrative and programmatic. The ability to provide leadership and take on additional responsibilities, but also capable of delegating to staff as needed.
- Extensive experience establishing and maintaining relationships with diverse internal and external parties, and in particular, with local and national governments, non-profit organizations, and private corporations.
- Experience working/living in Haiti
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a relevant field; Public Health or Nursing degree preferred.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, highly-responsive environment, and on multiple projects with multiple constituents.
- Able to work through political landscapes, and thoroughly understand the interests of all constituents.
- Able to lead collaborative efforts and ‘build bridges’ between multiple, and complex, constituents.
- Self-driven, solution oriented, proactive, and highly committed to going ‘above and beyond’ in order to achieve successful, demonstrated, outcomes.
- High proficiency in computer skills.
- Fluent in English and Haitian Creole. French a plus.
Please email resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Empowering Haitians to provide and receive access to quality health care since 1994. Our programs are community-based and Haitian led.