Procurement and Administrative Analyst (NOB - Haiti)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Organizational Context: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Deputy Resident Representative or Operations Manager, the Procurement Analyst is responsible for management of the CO Procurement Unit, effective delivery of procurement services in order to obtain the best value for money. In addition to these core responsibility, he or she is responsible for managing administrative services and logistics in synergy with procurement services. He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement. The Procurement Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Analyst supervises and leads the staff of the Procurement and Administration Unit. The Procurement Analyst works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Elaboration and implementation of operational strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Control of CO Assets
- Logistical and Administrative Services
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
- Implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Implementation of the strategic procurement in the CO including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
- Manages and guides procurement processes for CO, NIM/DIM projects, UN House and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
Manages and guides procurement processes for CO, NIM/DIM projects, UN House and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performing the functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for Purchase orders approval.
- Elaboration of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Establishment of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Implementation of harmonized procurement services and elaboration of proposals on common services expansion in the UN House, introduction of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
Ensures introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
Ensures proper control of CO Assets focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration and implementation of inventory management.
- Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in the CO and projects.
Ensures organization of administrative and logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Coordination of travel management, shipments arrangements, vehicle maintenance, conference facilities arrangements.
- Coordination of registry/pouch services and assurance of effective delivery of utilities
- Timely conducted DSA, Travel Agencies, vehicle maintenance, hotel and conference facilities surveys.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall CO efficiency in procurement management and success in introduction and implementation of operational strategies. Strategic approach to procurement, accurate, thoroughly researched and documented information, timely and appropriate delivery of services, introduction of e-procurement ensure client satisfaction and overall timely delivery of UNDP programmes and projects.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- In-depth knowledge on development issues
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead procurement processes using specific procurement methods (RFQ, ITB, RFP).
- Ability to introduce and implement strategic procurement, contract and sourcing strategy
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Disclaimer: Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
Workforce diversity: UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Scam warning: The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
Le Programme des Nations Unies pour le développement (PNUD) est le réseau mondial de développement des Nations Unies.