This job is no longer accepting applications.
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology—creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Advisor for an upcoming CDC-funded project in Haiti.
Funded by the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the project will seek to provide Comprehensive Access to HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment, and Prevention Services for Key Populations in Haiti, specifically Sex Workers, Transgender persons, and Men who have Sex with Men (MSM). The project will support facility-based and community-based service delivery models and interventions designed specifically for Key Populations. It will also support increased access to services, education, and awareness to reduce stigma and discrimination, and capacity building for local and community organizations. Services will be implemented and monitored in collaboration with the Government of Haiti, other multilateral and bilateral donors, and civil society.
Job Description: The Technical Advisor will support the technical strategy and capacity building for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the HIV program in Haiti focused on Key Populations. S/he will provide technical assistance for HIV care, treatment and support for key populations across the cascade by ensuring innovative, evidence-based programming and develop approaches to address the positive health dignity and prevention of key populations living with HIV. This position is critical for the development of quality and evidence-based approaches to support KPs to be reached and linked to a variety of services along the HIV prevention, treatment, care and support cascade (identify, reach with prevention services and commodities, link to HIV and STI testing and counselling, wrap-around services referrals, peer outreach and navigation activities for improved linkages, retention and adherence to ART).
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Public Health, Health Administration, Management Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of professional work experience in the field of Public Health, including at least 3 years focused on HIV prevention, care, and treatment.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in technically designing and managing health programs; preference for experience related to key populations and HIV.
- Experience supporting PEPFAR-funded activity, including program planning, implementation, data use, monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Haiti National AIDS Control Program (NACP) and current initiatives;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Haiti health systems, as well as international and local NGOs involved in the national response to HIV/AIDS.
- Proven experience and/or knowledge of the PEPFAR, WHO and UNAIDS goals and strategies related to the 95–95–95 targets and the cascade for HIV prevention, diagnosis, care and treatment.
- Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Demonstrated experience supporting local organizations in the implementation of public health and/or HIV programs in resource-challenged settings.
- Understanding of the situational needs of key populations and experience supporting and implementing activities to reduce violence, stigma, and discrimination.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in Haiti.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within country or region as needed.
Conditions de travail
- Support the design, integration, and implementation of HIV/AIDS interventions, ranging from outreach activities to treatment retention strategies, based on local KP needs, implementing partner capacities, and knowledge of evidence-based methods.
- Ensure that appropriate technical interventions and strategies are incorporated into work plans and reports including innovative approaches to fight HIV/AIDS.
- Maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts, technical staff of implementing partners and members of KP communities.
- Support the adaptation of tools for the design and implementation of technical strategies based on local norms and practices.
- Support the development of timely and accurate reports to FHI 360, CDC, Haitian government, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of technical interventions and make recommendations for enhancements on an ongoing basis in collaboration with the Project Director.
- Conduct capacity building activities for governmental institutions and local partners, including civil society, faith-based, and community-based organizations, to support the implementation of high-quality HIV/AIDS prevention and management interventions at both the health facility and community-based level.
- Contribute to the achievement of high-quality results in accordance with the targets identified in the work plan.
- Provides technical guidance and mentors lower level personnel. Acts as team lead as needed and may supervise others.
- Keep abreast of developments in larger HIV/AIDS and KP field; document project methodologies, results, and outcomes, and develop abstracts and publications in collaboration with FHI 360 HQ.
Votre candidature a été soumise avec succès.
FHI 360 is a leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.